“Great options & great food”

Bob Chinn's Crab House
Ranked #1 of 89 Restaurants in Wheeling
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Families with children, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed June 7, 2013

Found this via reviews. Looking for a decent place that serves seafood and this popped up. It was busy - the place was rammed. Normally a good sign! Strange arrows on the floor...hints at directing large amounts of people. I could see why when we got in there. It was busy! Our server was attentive and Introduced the menu. Lots of beer options including bottles and draft. The menu was extensive. In fact a little overwhelming trying to decide what to get! The free garlic bread is a nice touch and tasty. I was a little disappointed with my fish platter starter. It was 10 bucks forc5 cubes of chargrilled fish. But tasty. My main was a fish fillet stuffed with crabmeat, holland arise and sweet potato tries. All quite nice. Good atmosphere and folk having a great time. Came in atbjustbover $60 a head. We had starters, mains and 3 beers each. Not cheap but not expensive either. Would return.

Reviewed May 29, 2013

Where else is there so much fresh seafood served that they need to print a new menu daily? It'sso exciting to peruse the menu to see what's fresh and in season! And then to have your selection served in a very accommodating manner with wonderful garlic oil infused fresh rolls.It's. Not cheap, but I don't know of another seafood restaurant in the area that serves such a variety. And it's always fresh and delicious. It's always our choice for fresh seafood!!!!!!'

Reviewed May 27, 2013

I was skeptical when we stepped in and it was like an ultra casual tiki themed Pan Asian seafood restaurant. I was even more skeptical when we had to wait in two sets of lines like cattle. But the wait was very short, our waitress was great and we were given butter drenched fresh garlic rolls and drinks right away. The menu was EXTENSIVE with everything from aged steaks, chicken, pasta and numerous seafood dishes, many with an Asian sauce or cooking method. We had an appetizer of tempura fish chunks and two types of dipping sauces for 9.99 and it was huge and delicious. The fish was very fresh. You can just tell. No "fishy" taste whatsoever. I had the lobster meat with garlic pasta which was fresh and delicious as well. I was unable to finish it. My husband got Day Boat scallops which were pan seared in a white wine sauce and they were awesome. I'll probably get them next time. Overall, this is a casual family-friendly place with fresh and awesome seafood. A Chicagoland institution. We're going back.

1  Thank StephArden
Reviewed May 16, 2013

We went as a large froup (reservations recommended since it is always packed). The service is ver efficient and the food is great. 4 of us shared a 7.5 lb King Crab that was a joy for the eyes ans very tasty. I go every year to a oen show in Chicago and this restaurant is a must stop for us.

Reviewed May 15, 2013

I try to get to Bob Chinn's in Wheeling often even though I have a limited budget... this is one of the best managed restaurants (or businesses for that matter) that I have ever come across...ask anyone there about anything you want to know: source of food, its preparation, other suggestions, etc. and you will get an informative answer...the food is wonderful, the service friendly and thoroughly helpful, and the menu very extensive. I have never in a dozen years had a poor or even mediocre experience there!