“Good, but long wait”

Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Large groups, Special occasions, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed November 9, 2012

This place has good sea food, and really great Mai-Tai's but the wait is a bit of a hassle, and they don't take reservations (as of the last time I went there). The atmosphere is good too, but often very crowded.

Reviewed November 8, 2012

always tasty, always, fresh. Prices are good for the quality of fish and seafood. Love this place. Ambiance in the bar (first come first serve for a table) is great. Good selection of beer on tap.

Reviewed November 7, 2012

The dayboat scallops they have are the finest I've ever tasted. The stuffed shrimp are enough to dream about. And the salad bar has the freshest ingredients - and the most varied- I've ever seen. Crisp lettuces, creamy avacodoes, crunchy veggies - YUM! And all served by a delightful group of servers! Been there multiple times, and haven't been disappointed yet!

Reviewed November 5, 2012

This is a great place to eat a seafood lunch. I have eaten here on more than one occasion. If you order the right items you can keep it affordable for a business lunch meal. If you add drinks it can get pricey like any other restaurant. Most lunch meals are $13- $20.00 each

Reviewed November 4, 2012

Bob Chinn's is known for Crabs and their Mai Tai's and they are well worth the visit, no doubt. Finding myself in Chicago last week I was reminded of visiting Chinn's approximately 10 years previous so wanted to try it again. It was just as good as I remembered. This was a Thursday evening and the place was crowded, but no waiting lines as there had been before.

We had Crab Claws for an appetizer, but I opted for the Seared Ahi Tuna for the main course. My friend continued with the King Crab Legs and they were huge. They provide thickly coated Garlic bread for the table, it is dripping in goodness. My Tuna was unlike anywhere I've had it before, served on a sizzling platter with onions and mushrooms. I didn't know what to make of it at first, but one bite in I had already decided it was likely the best I'd ever had. Confirmation came with more bites... WoW.

Mai Tai's are a necessity as well and unbelievable good. They won't give the recipe away, but like the tuna, the best ever. I highly recommend a trip if you're in the Chicago area.