“Fantastic Seafood Buffet on Friday Evening”

Pete Miller's Seafood & Prime Steak
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Lake -Cook
Reviewed March 14, 2013

The seafood buffet on Friday evening is fantastic. The lamb, prime rib, among the meat entree's were great. The shrimp and crab legs also carry five stars. Ask for server Jaclyn, she will do a great job for you. I live in the western suburbs, and have no problem returning here.

Reviewed March 1, 2013

Good thing we (and just about everyone else) had a Groupon... at $25 for two (regular $35 EACH) the price was right. Warning... Do NOT go without a Groupon. There were many selections of mains to choose from. I will name and describe a few.
A long salad bar (just lettuce with a dozen toppings/ dressing), over-steamed ribs tips, soggy fried calamari, processed turkey breast, and average prime rib. A seafood pasta bar with a preparer to at your bidding (didn't try). The veggie choices we fine like grilled vegetables, garlic broccoli, garlic mashed potatoes, etc. Seafood choices were many and decent: cold crab legs, steamed crab legs, spicy mussels, different shrimp dishes. Desserts were same old same old small slices of various cakes and cookies that tasted of commercial restaurant mixes.
I went with high expectations, given Pete Millers reputation. I left disappointed, not by the quantities of food available, but at the lackluster showing. Many other buffets in the area are equally priced or lower, with better quality.
My wife and I may return to try the regular menu, but not real soon. I'm still trying to recover from my disappointment.

Reviewed February 25, 2013

I haven't visited Pete Miller's in 7 or 8 years and I have to say that I was rather disappointed.

The Pros:
Excellent service - totally on point
Bread - tasty, warm and moist - yum!
Spinach side salad - good
Flat top beer on tap! A rarity

The Cons:
My husband's prime rib was so thick and tough - good flavor but hard to chew
My lobster mac and cheese - the lobster was extremely chewy as if it had sat somewhere too long and the sauce was dry
Side dishes were mainly carbs - no salad or soup. Very limiting.
Cost - very high for the quality

Don't think we will be back any time soon.

Reviewed February 25, 2013

Brunch for the holiday is fabulous here- we love going for Easter brunch and are looking forward to this year's! Excellent food and while we hate buffet's, their brunch is clean, HUGE, lots of fabulous gourmet-quality items, and they have mimosa, always a plus :)

1  Thank KaiserConsulting
Reviewed January 23, 2013

It's the norm if you believe great food becomes mediocre if the service level doesn't match and you would be right !! Here all id matched and it's perfect ! Go.. get out of your house and enjoy this experience at Pete Miller's in Wheeling... I love this for both business and family...