“Great Food”

Cooper's Hawk Winery & Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Cooper's Hawk Winery & Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3 of 90 Restaurants in Wheeling
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Private Dining, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: N. Milwaukee off of Lake Cook Road
Chicago, IL
“Great Food”
Reviewed November 17, 2012

Plan on a wait for dinner but it's worth it. Find a place in the bar, order a drink and wait because the food is worth it. I have tried several of the appetizers. And have enjoyed all. Calamari, flatbreads, stuffed mushrooms are all very good starters. I have had a filet which was great and on my last visit I had the bacon wrapped scallops. They were really good. Not huge portions but I prefer that to a 1200 calorie entree. My husband ordered the Jambalaya and enjoyed it after requesting a side of extra sauce. He thought it was a bit dry initially. The extra sauce helped. He said it was very flavorful and spicy. Great food and worth the price.

Visited November 2012
1 Thank PlayinHard

• Korean first
Wadsworth, Illinois
“Wonderful food”
Reviewed November 7, 2012

My husband and I eat here probably once a month. The food is great and 9 out of 10 times the service is too. Occasionally we get a snobby server. I had an event here also and everything from service to the food was absolutely wonderful! Would recommend an event anytime.

• Visited October 2012
Paris
“Pleasant business dinner for two on a Monday night”
Reviewed October 22, 2012

Staying at the Westin Hotel in Wheeling so this restaurant is very handy - as its literally about 100 metres from the front door of the hotel. Although quite empty (it was a Monday night) the service and food was good. The scallops were tasty, and my colleague's crab cakes seemed good too.

• Visited October 2012
Glenview, Illinois
“Good food - Good wine - good service”
Reviewed October 11, 2012

This place is quickly becoming my favorite place ever. It is definitely in my top 3. Once they fixed the problem at the front hostess desk this place truly does not disappoint. Smiling friendly faces greet you at the front hostess stand and will generally seat you right away if you are on time for your reservation. We like to get there about 30 minutes early and do a wine tasting for that particular month. We are wine club members so we are able to do that at no charge each month. If you do this, see if there is a young man by the name of Kyle - very knowledgeable about wines and very interesting to listen to. These tastings have definitely broadened our wine experience.

Once you make your way to the dining room the experience only gets better. Their jambalaya is wonderful, steaks are cooked to perfection, several seafood selections I have tried have all been super. I have never been disappointed. The wait staff is all friendly, professional, attentive, helpful in recommending things and the manager is frequently seen throughout the building and is willing to talk to you about anything of concern or just to get a compliment on his well run establishment.

• Visited September 2012
1 Thank Mike K
gilladj
“A Birthday Tradition”
Reviewed September 24, 2012

My wife and I are wine club members and we get a birthday coupon for $15 off an entree. Since e both celebrate our birthdays in August we get two coupons and enjoy a fabulous meal and good wine for a very nice price.

We enjoyed a crab cake appitizer. My wife had the walleye special. I had the Asian pork tenderloin. Everything was very good.

We will be back again next year if not before...

• Visited September 2012