New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Wheeling
Huddersfield, United Kingdom
“Business Stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2013

I chose this hotel based on it's location to the business community i was visiting. Although I read tripadvisor reviews before booking my expectations were not high based upon price. I figured that as long as the rooms were clean that for the low price I could put up with lower standard. How very wrong I was (and i'm a very picky Englishman!). The hotel staff were couteous, polite and efficient checking me in. The room was a very large suite with all the bits and pieces needed to be self sufficient, comfortable sofa and chairs and very large comfortable bed. I will be visiting the area every few months and will certainly book here again. My only complaint would be that the toiletries were never replaced so I ran out after my second night. Maybe there is a system I dont know about yet but i would still expect this to be a basic requirement. This is the picky englishman in me again and should not detract from a great experience. Good job to the staff.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 stars
      Sleep Quality
    • 5 of 5 stars
HawthornsuitesMgmnt, Manager at Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Northbrook Wheeling, responded to this review, May 9, 2013
Thank you for choosing the Hawthorn Suites-Wheeling! This is a great detailed review that I am sure will be very helpful to other people searching for a hotel in our area. We appreciate the positive feedback and are so glad you feel you received such a great value. When it comes to our toilet treat we try to make sure you have an extra set under the sink, however if you prefer more you can always contact the desk and we will be more than happy to give you more. ! We look forward to serving you during your next stay with us!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013 via mobile

This hotel is a great place to stay at a great value. We stayed one night and it was a great stay for a great rate. The room was very clean. They have a breakfast set up in which they offer muffins juice coffee. The front desk told me there would be a hot breakfast in the future which will be a great addition to the hotel. The rooms are spacious and they all have a kitchen i stayed one night for work and I do plan on staying in the future when in town again.

• Stayed March 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars
HawthornsuitesMgmnt, Manager at Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Northbrook Wheeling, responded to this review, March 26, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing the Hawthorn Suites and taking the time to give us such a nice review. We are delighted that you enjoyed our property so much and were informed of our hot breakfast coming soon! We look forward to serving you during your next stay with us!

Hawthorn Management
Freeport, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2013

This is a great hotel for the price. I was a little skeptical when my husband booked it, but I was pleasantly surprised. The rooms were spacious, clean and comfortable. The towels are thick and the sheets are soft. Those are two of my requirements. The other is a good shower, and it had that too. Not having breakfast wasn't a problem; we don't eat the type of food that is normally served at a budget hotel. The location is off the main roads, but we still found it without a problem.

Room Tip: rooms on the third floor are more updated
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars
      Sleep Quality
    • 4 of 5 stars
HawthornsuitesMgmnt, Manager at Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Northbrook Wheeling, responded to this review, March 11, 2013
Dear Christy,

Thank you for taking the time to rate our property. I am so glad you enjoyed your stay at the Hawthorn Suites Wheeling and provided us with this wonderful feedback. We hope you will choose our hotel again for any other stays you will have in the Chicago land area. We will be completely renovating the property beginning this Spring through the Summer and will have new decor and a full hot breakfast, so next time you stay we hope you will be ever more impressed with our property. We look forward to serving you again in the future!

Hawthorn Management
Also consider these accommodations in or near Wheeling
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Prospect Heights
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson,...
#1 of 2 in Prospect Heights
4.0 of 5 stars 514 reviews
Hampton Inn & Suites Chicago/Mt. Prospect
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Chicago-Deerfield/Lincolnshire
BEST WESTERN PLUS Glenview-Chicagoland Inn & Suites

Been to Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Northbrook Wheeling? Share your experiences!