“I would rate this hotel a good value. However, I was...” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Northbrook Wheeling

Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Northbrook Wheeling
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Wheeling

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Freeport, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2013

This is a great hotel for the price. I was a little skeptical when my husband booked it, but I was pleasantly surprised. The rooms were spacious, clean and comfortable. The towels are thick and the sheets are soft. Those are two of my requirements. The other is a good shower, and it had that too. Not having breakfast wasn't a problem; we don't eat the type of food that is normally served at a budget hotel. The location is off the main roads, but we still found it without a problem.

Room Tip: rooms on the third floor are more updated
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars
    • 4 of 5 stars
HawthornsuitesMgmnt, Manager at Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Northbrook Wheeling, responded to this review, March 11, 2013
Dear Christy,

Thank you for taking the time to rate our property. I am so glad you enjoyed your stay at the Hawthorn Suites Wheeling and provided us with this wonderful feedback. We hope you will choose our hotel again for any other stays you will have in the Chicago land area. We will be completely renovating the property beginning this Spring through the Summer and will have new decor and a full hot breakfast, so next time you stay we hope you will be ever more impressed with our property. We look forward to serving you again in the future!

Hawthorn Management
Arlington Heights
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

I have been here in this hotel for more than a month and i must admit that it's value for money. Although they don't have hot breakfast but it's OK.
Apart from that, staff is very co operative, courtious and ready to help. I forgot some of my valuables on my bed and was worried about if i will found them after reaching or not..I saw everything was placed where i left that after cleaning the bed. So much impressed.
I will surely reccomend this to everyone.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham

AGM60090, Manager at Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Northbrook Wheeling, responded to this review, February 20, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for this wonderful review! We appreciate this feedback and will be sure to share this with the rest of the staff. We are delighted to hear you enjoyed your time at the Hawthorn Suites so much, and we hope to serve you again in the future!
Madison, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2012

First time in the Chicago area and it was awsome! At arrval I was greeted by a front desk employee who was extremly polite and explained everything I needed to know which included, the grab and go breakfast, housekeeping, and shuttle service (considering my stay was of 4 nights). During my stay all the staff I encountered was extremly helpful and really made me feel at home.

The rooms were extremly clean and spacious. I even had my own kitchen area. The rooms also seem to be sound proof, I had a great nights rest during my stay.

All in all, Hawthorn Suites is a great value.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 stars
AGM60090, Manager at Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Northbrook Wheeling, responded to this review, December 26, 2012
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for this wonderful feedback! We are pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay so much. We look forward to serving you again in the future!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Wheeling
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Prospect Heights
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson,...
#1 of 2 in Prospect Heights
4.0 of 5 stars 526 reviews
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Chicago-Deerfield/Lincolnshire
Hampton Inn & Suites Chicago/Mt. Prospect
BEST WESTERN PLUS Glenview-Chicagoland Inn & Suites

Been to Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Northbrook Wheeling? Share your experiences!