“Delicious food, a great place”
Review of Mai Thai Cafe

Mai Thai Cafe
Ranked #19 of 135 Restaurants in Wheaton
Cuisines: Thai
Beni
“Delicious food, a great place”
Reviewed January 29, 2013

I've visited Mai Thai more times than I can count throughout the time I lived in Wheaton.

The food was always delicious, the service excellent, and the portions just right. It's a small family owned restaurant with a few tables and take out available. You definitely don't go there for the decor (it is a very small and basic dining area), but for the food, and oh the food is good!

I never had anything from the menu that I didn't like. Some favorites included the floating market soup (if you like seafood), shrimp soup, Thai fried rice, garlic madness, and the classic pad thai. Everything is cooked to order and super fresh. The spices are just right and you can specify if you want mild, medium, or spicy. Be warned, the spicy is SPICY. I always ask for the spicy, but if it's your first time at Mai Thai, I would try medium and if it's your first time having Thai food, go for mild.

I love this restaurant and highly recommend it to anyone. Expect to pay around $10 for a meal, a couple of dollars for drinks.

• Visited September 2012

Chicago
“Authentic Thai food”
Reviewed December 23, 2012 via mobile

This is a really small place. So the atmosphere is not much. However, the curries are authentically hot. And the service has been warm and attentive. I haven't liked everything (not a fan of how they prepare eggplant) but it's worth returning to for other dishes. Massaman and Penang curry are very good.

“Best Thai food in the area”
Reviewed May 28, 2012 via mobile

Great authentic Thai food. The only negative is that if you eat late, the help seems to be in a hurry to clean up and leave. Guess I can't blame them.

Buffalo, New York
“Great food!”
Reviewed May 25, 2012

I like to try a variety of restaurants when I travel, and my friend goes along for the ride. He got a stew and I an Indian-style curry; both meals were plentiful and delicious. It's great thai food for a reasonable $10 including tip. Highly recommended!

• Visited May 2012
Seoul, South Korea
“Best Thai food in the area”
Reviewed January 5, 2012

I have been here many times since my first visit in summer 2011. Really good pad Thai, like I had in Thailand. That's usually what I order. Thai fried rice and beef with basil are also good. With some dishes they ask if you want mild, medium or spicy. When I asked for "medium" for the beef with basil it was sooo spicy. I could only eat maybe half of it and had to save the rest for later cause my mouth was on fire. I don't know if they made a mistake or if that's how "medium" normally is. But if that's their "medium" I can't imagine what "spicy" is like.

• Visited January 2012