“Exceeded Expecations”

OR
Order Online
Ranked #22 of 146 Restaurants in Wheaton
Reviewed January 21, 2020

Stopped in for a quick lunch. Was very pleased with the menu selection whihc had some items I had not seen in awhile. Had to order one of my old time favorites, the Monte Cristo, and it did not disappoint. The fries were also excellent. While they do not serve wine or beer they do have a few cocktails on the menu including a great bloody Mary. Made for a perfect lunch experience.

Date of visit: January 2020
Write a reviewReviews (64)

Reviewed October 28, 2019

Stopped at Butterfields for breakfast on a Monday morning. We were seated immediately. The staff were friendly and courteous. The menu was extensive – so many choices. One nice thing this restaurant does is that they bring a pitcher of water to the table. Our order was taken in a timely manner. My wife ordered steak and eggs. I ordered the Artichoke Frittatas; it was made with artichokes, garlic, onions, spinach, tomatoes, parmesan cheese and herbs. I love artichokes and the frittatas was stuffed with them so I was a happy camper!

We both enjoyed our meals very much. If you’re in the Wheaton area and looking for breakfast or lunch, give Butterfield’s a try – I think you’ll be happy with your decision.

Date of visit: October 2019
Reviewed October 26, 2019

Butterfields is a nice place for breakfast. The variety on the menu is huge. I usually order poached eggs and they were just right with a perfect runny yoke. I requested super crisp almost burnt bacon and they tried Maybe the bacon is too thick cut to get crisp. Their citrus juices are fresh-squeezed though not strained terribly well. I don’t mind a little pulp but I could do without whole pieces of membrane. Other than that, having fresh squeezed is always a treat. Fruit sides actually have at least one strawberry and a grape or two with the melon and pineapple which is more than most breakfast places serve. Others in our party had generous omelets, perfectly thin crepes, bacon waffles and hash skillets. No one was disappointed. Our server was very attentive and came out often to refresh our coffee. Butterfields is a hopping place on weekend mornings. - get there early!

Date of visit: October 2019
Reviewed October 2, 2019

New owner and managers have ruined what has been my favorite place for breakfast for 10+ years. Manager refused to speak to us after I found a giant piece of broken glass in my food. Accidents can happen, but clearly he/they took no responsibility or even checked to see if I was ok. We will NEVER go here again!

Date of visit: September 2019
1  Thank 917renel
Reviewed September 8, 2019 via mobile

We were seated put our order in
We waited an hour 10 minutes for our food
With 3 little kids and then we left no one seemed to care. So we ended up going to McDonald’s not what I wanted. Second time and I’m not going back!

Date of visit: September 2019