“Good Quick Food” 4 of 5 bubbles

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Delivery
Dripping Springs, Texas
“Good Quick Food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 13, 2012

I like this place for a qjuck lunch. Good pizza, burgers and hot dogs.

Visited March 2012
1 Thank Vince C

Chicago, Illinois
“A Wheaton classic”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 28, 2012 via mobile

Jack straws has been a consistent winner for pizza and greasy junk food since I started eating there in the 80's. All the local people know this is one of the best places in town. Don't plan on eating the, it is a tiny location in an old converted bank location, virtually no place to sit, take it home to eat. The drive thru is a little slow sometimes but the way to go.

• 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank haroldHood
Chicago Area
“Worth the wait?”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 6, 2012

For a small walk-in and drive-thru, this place is kinda dumpy. It's not the kind of place you go to for the ambiance. I don't ever remember seeing the owner smile. That being said, the only reason I go back to Jack Straw's is because they have the absolutely best Italian Beef Sandwich and very good pizza by the piece. They are somewhat pricey for a hole in the wall kinda place but they do get their food right. This past time I was there, I waited at least 15 minutes of an Italian Beef. I think they were overwhelmed with pizza orders at the time but still, how long can it take to make one Italian Beef? I'll go back again, but only when I have the time to wait an unusually long time for an Italian Beef.

Visited April 2012
1 Thank robby-d
West Chicago, Illinois
“Bad...Bad...Bad!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 16, 2012

Recently I visited Jack Straws. We had good memories of their pizza but this time my quest was fries. I know the we had a bad experience there with the fries but I opted to give them another try. I waited a fairly long time. Once I drove off with my fries I realized that these fries were not fresh at all. They were saturated with oil and were a very dark color. I was disappointed and drove back. I mentioned the quality of the fries to the employee and he said that it was the new fries that they had purchased. When I said "um no, you have refried old fries" He said "oh" and gave me my money back. C'mon! anyone with half a taste bud knows that these fries are not fresh....stop being cheap and fry a new batch! I doubt I will ever go back. I gave Jack two stars since I do have good memories of their pizza.

• Visited March 2012
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
“Good food.cant go wrong”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 31, 2012

Little dumpy, ok service but good food. I would recommend going there for the food but service is a step above par. The philly and pizza is great!

• 4 of 5 bubbles