“Worth the wait?”

Dining options: Delivery
Chicago Area
“Worth the wait?”
Reviewed May 6, 2012

For a small walk-in and drive-thru, this place is kinda dumpy. It's not the kind of place you go to for the ambiance. I don't ever remember seeing the owner smile. That being said, the only reason I go back to Jack Straw's is because they have the absolutely best Italian Beef Sandwich and very good pizza by the piece. They are somewhat pricey for a hole in the wall kinda place but they do get their food right. This past time I was there, I waited at least 15 minutes of an Italian Beef. I think they were overwhelmed with pizza orders at the time but still, how long can it take to make one Italian Beef? I'll go back again, but only when I have the time to wait an unusually long time for an Italian Beef.

Visited April 2012
1 Thank robby-d

West Chicago, Illinois
“Bad...Bad...Bad!”
Reviewed April 16, 2012

Recently I visited Jack Straws. We had good memories of their pizza but this time my quest was fries. I know the we had a bad experience there with the fries but I opted to give them another try. I waited a fairly long time. Once I drove off with my fries I realized that these fries were not fresh at all. They were saturated with oil and were a very dark color. I was disappointed and drove back. I mentioned the quality of the fries to the employee and he said that it was the new fries that they had purchased. When I said "um no, you have refried old fries" He said "oh" and gave me my money back. C'mon! anyone with half a taste bud knows that these fries are not fresh....stop being cheap and fry a new batch! I doubt I will ever go back. I gave Jack two stars since I do have good memories of their pizza.

• Visited March 2012
“Good food.cant go wrong”
Reviewed January 31, 2012

Little dumpy, ok service but good food. I would recommend going there for the food but service is a step above par. The philly and pizza is great!

1 Thank Ronin7619
Chicago, Illinois
“Pizza...ahhh”
Reviewed January 28, 2012

Great thin crust pizza! Fast service! We usually do the carry out!

1 Thank BonDiver_11
lzgutt
“Wonderful pizza (cut into squares like it should be!) but no chairs inside.”
Reviewed September 18, 2011

Wonderful pizza. Be aware that there are 3 picnic tables outside but there is nowhere to be seated inside.

1 Thank lzgutt