“Unexpectedly Enjoyable”
Review of Adelle's

Adelle's
Reserve with OpenTable
Adelle's is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #5 of 135 Restaurants in Wheaton
Cuisines: American, French
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Large groups, Romantic, Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: West Street
Transit: Union Pacific West Line-Downtown Wheaton Stop.
Description: A stylish, comfortable atmosphere featuring the large wine bar, art deco mosaic chandeliers, warm copper accents, soothing decor colors & two cozy fireplaces welcome you to Adelle's. Located in the heart of the western suburbs, Adelle's is not only the perfect neighborhood spot, but also a central gathering place for friends to meet or for before concerts & shows. The menu & numerous daily specials, featuring American bistro fare, reflect our commitment to new interpretations of fresh, delicious cuisine reminiscent of memorable dishes that have a tradition on the American table.
“Unexpectedly Enjoyable”
Reviewed June 2, 2014

Saturday night was our first visit to this restaurant which sits almost unnoticeably in a small strip mall near the train tracks. We had drinks in the bar area before being seated for dinner. The noise level was moderate so conversatoin was easy and we thought the drinks were not over-priced as can often be the case. The dinner menu leaned a bit toward seafood but had a nice selection of other entrees. The quality of the food was very good and we especially liked the beet salad and the short ribs. We definitely will visit again in the near future!

• Visited May 2014
Debbie W, Owner at Adelle's, responded to this review, June 11, 2014
Our sincerest thank you for taking the time to review us, Marty. We're excited that we made such a good first impression that we'll be seeing you again soon. Good cocktails and quality entrees sounds like a great meal to us! Next time you come by, I know we can make it a full 5 star experience. Be sure to let us know how everything is when you come in for your next visit. Can't wait!

See you soon,

“Love this place”
Reviewed April 15, 2014

great food, great service- interesting menus- best place in Wheaton, also good jazz on Thursday nights ( I think)

Visited November 2013
Debbie W, Owner at Adelle's, responded to this review, April 19, 2014
We work hard to be the best, Joe, and I'm delighted that you consider us so! Thanks for taking a moment to share this wonderful feedback, and I hope we can continue to welcome you for many years to come. I can't tell you how much we value your loyalty, and this recommendation. And yes, we're lucky enough to partner with local public radio station WDCB to host "Jazz Thursdays" featuring some of the best local talent.

Poughkeepsie, New York
“Great place for comfort food”
Reviewed April 15, 2014

Our favorite get-comfortable place. Best bartender in the world. She will tell you what is good each night and even steer you away from entrees that may not meet her high standard. Not fancy food but well prepared. Meatloaf is a signature dish with chipotle ketchup. Fish tacos are worth a return visit. Wine choices are excellent. All in all, a great place. Not cheap but worth it.

• Visited April 2014
Debbie W, Owner at Adelle's, responded to this review, April 19, 2014
Your recommendation is invaluable to us, Duane, and I am so appreciative that you've taken the time to share this excellent review. I'll be certain to pass along your kind words to our entire team, and I'm certain I speak for everyone when I say that we always value the time you and your wife spend with us. Your comfort and happiness will continue to be our top priority!

Best,
Wheaton, Illinois
“Maybe the Best Restaurant in Town”
Reviewed April 15, 2014

Wait staff is knowledgeable and professional, food well prepared and presented. One of those restaurants where the price can be high but the quality of the food is a match. From the original location to this more typical restaurant setting, excellent experiences each time.

• Visited January 2014
Debbie W, Owner at Adelle's, responded to this review, April 19, 2014
Excellent time after time--that's such a fantastic compliment and always our goal, Jim! Thank you for recognizing that we do only use the highest quality ingredients for each and every handcrafted dish at Adelle's. We look forward to your next visit and please let me know if there's anything else we can do to make it even better. We always value guest feedback!

Warm regards,
Naperville, Illinois
“Exceptional entrées and a bit over priced.”
Reviewed April 9, 2014

As our friends have told us … Be prepared for good service exceptional drinks but a bit short on quantity!... My wife and I ordered the scallops which we quite tasty… But when I did the division between price and number of scallops it equated to $9.00 per scallop… That’s right 3 scallops a bit over since they were by no means the largest if have eaten… Call me a bit picky but I just like getting what I pay for as do most folks?
The wedge salad was ok but again quite small. The drinks were exceptional as was the service. The bar is also quite inviting with a more mature crowd since most youngsters couldn’t afford to eat here…LOL.
With a patio area set to open soon I’d go back for drinks and maybe a smaller portion meal and just hag watching the cars and trains pass.

• Visited April 2014