“Hidden gem of a restaurant”
Review of Adelle's

Adelle's
Reserve with OpenTable
Adelle's is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #5 of 144 Restaurants in Wheaton
Cuisines: American, French
Dining options: Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: West Street
Transit: Union Pacific West Line-Downtown Wheaton Stop.
Description: A stylish, comfortable atmosphere featuring the large wine bar, art deco mosaic chandeliers, warm copper accents, soothing decor colors & two cozy fireplaces welcome you to Adelle's. Located in the heart of the western suburbs, Adelle's is not only the perfect neighborhood spot, but also a central gathering place for friends to meet or for before concerts & shows. The menu & numerous daily specials, featuring American bistro fare, reflect our commitment to new interpretations of fresh, delicious cuisine reminiscent of memorable dishes that have a tradition on the American table.
Reviewed October 5, 2011

From the outside you couldn't tell that Adelle's is the fine food establishment that it is. Call ahead and ask for the table near the fireplace during the winter months. Their service is great and the food outstanding. One of my favorites is the PISTACHIO CRUSTED SALMON with coconut-curry cream sauce. I often enjoy their soup of the day. For a lighter portion order the mini-burgers on their appetizer menu with one of their varied salads. Save room for dessert because there is sure to be something that suits your tastebuds.

Reviewed September 25, 2011

Adele's new location which opened in mid-September on Liberty Street near downtown Wheaton is smart and classy. The space is a former convenience store that has been totally gutted and redone with a contemporary but warm feel to it. The menu is as varied as ever, with entrees ranging from simple to complex, but well prepared and presented. Service was attentive, but we were disappointed with the long pause between promptly delivered salads and not-so-prompt entrees. The new, larger space will attract a big crowd on weekends, which will create parking problems. Most parking is on the street and you may have to walk a block or more.

1  Thank desertprince
Reviewed August 21, 2011

Went to Adelle's Friday, Aug 19 with another couple. Resturant was only 1/2 full between 7:00 PM and 9:00 PM when we departed.

One entree was not prepared properly (Veal Saltimbaca)....meat was blood red (as opposed to medium well) eeven on the second try....we all suspect the meat was not in fact "veal" but most likely some form of Canadiam Bacon.

Several server's were not able to speak English when asked for sugar type sweetener (Sweet and Low) and even the Bartender was unable to undersstand an order for a Coke.

We used to like this restaurant, but it appears that something has gone very bad. We will avoid going again until we hear positive reviews from people we know are not being paid to advertise or critique this restaurant.

Reviewed April 26, 2010

I went here for my 1 year anniversary. I had never visited before but I was pleased with the overall experience. The food was wonderful, the staff was very nice. We had hoped to enjoy my dinner outside but it began to rain soon after we ordered. We were quickly moved inside to one of the few remaining tables.

It if wasn't for the rain our dinner would have been perfect, but I don't expect Adelle's to control the weather.

1  Thank MikeinWheaton
Reviewed January 10, 2010

I had been to this resturant before when it first opened and did not have a good experince, but friends of my wife told her to try it again and so we did the food was good the service was good but the menu lacks in seafood items other than that it was a fine dining experince and I would return.