“Chicago Pizza - TRADITION”
Review of Gino's East

Gino's East
Ranked #45 of 135 Restaurants in Wheaton
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Wheaton, Illinois
“Chicago Pizza - TRADITION”
Reviewed April 29, 2013

Must go, pizza is fantastic- got to get thick crust. Try the spinach, it is great! Service in the restaurant a little slow- family friendly, large groups, take out. all good.

Visited March 2013

Chicago, IL
“Gino's East in Wheaton”
Reviewed April 9, 2013

We have had Gino's East pizza before (from downtown) but since this was closer, we went to the Wheaton location. It was not crowded for a Sunday evening. The pizza was great, as expected, and so was the service. I would go there again and also recommend it to friends.

• Visited April 2013
DuPage County, IL
“Great after work dinner with the girls!”
Reviewed February 24, 2013

I really feel badly that two recent reviewers had a bad experience at the Wheaton Gino's. I've never had anything but a nice time, good service and great food, and last Thursday was no different! We were quickly seated in a booth, but asked for a table since the booth swallowed up every inch of my five feet tall. We got a table in the 'garage' (the building is an old fire house) that was wonderful. The server was immediately there and quickly got our drinks while we decided on our dinner choices. I had the Thursday personal pizza special, Chicken Bacon Ranch; one of the others had the Chicken Parmesan over pasta and the third had a personal sized deep dish. We ALL thought our food was fresh and wonderful! I have no hesitation about going back or telling my friends how good it is!

• Visited February 2013
Downers Grove, Illinois
“Horrible! Stay Away! Giordano's Instead!”
Reviewed January 27, 2013

We called 15 minutes ahead ordering a large deep dish sausage pizza before driving an additional 20 minutes to get there. When we arrived, the place was empty. Thirty minutes after our arrival, an overcooked, barely warm deep dish pizza was delivered to our table. Believing it would be like downtown, my 14 year old son had his heart set on Gino's East, so the four of us choked down the pizza. As we departed, the manager had the nerve to ask us to tell our friends about the place! I informed him I will do just that! Stay away! Can't imagine this place will survive.

• Visited January 2013
Illinois
“They couldn't care less about our business.”
Reviewed November 22, 2012

We've been receiving Gino's coupons for months, so we decided to try out the Wheaton location one afternoon. Since it was a 10 mile drive, we phoned ahead to get a deep dish pizza started. We explained that we had the coupon and that we would be there in 30 minutes to eat-in. Upon arrival, we noticed the place was practically empty (no wonder, we later thought!) The guy at the entrance seated us and then immediately said they weren't accepting coupons that day. Now why weren't we told that when we phoned our order in??

As a retailer myself, I clearly understand the immense cost of advertising. Why spend precious adverising dollars if you're just going to make a potential customer mad? Retailing 101 teahes that a customer that brings himself/herself through the door is very valuable. It's important to satisfy that customer so he/she will return. After all, isn't that the purpose of providing a coupon in the first place?

As a result of a poorly trained (and probabably poorly paid) employee and the short-sightedness of management, my wife and I were instantly and forever alienated against Gino's. We left without eating, and there's little chance we'll return no matter what we get in the mail from them the next time.

• Visited November 2012