Tripadvisor
Wheaton

“Best Breakfast in Wheaton”
Review of Egg Harbor Cafe

Egg Harbor Cafe
Order Online
Ranked #5 of 146 Restaurants in Wheaton
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast
Description: Egg Harbor Cafe in Wheaton brings you the highest quality, carefully-sourced breakfast and lunch with fast, friendly service in a modern farmhouse setting, 6:30 a.m. - 2 p.m. daily. We serve free range eggs that are certified-humane. We serve Intelligentsia gold cup standard coffee, sourced directly from the finest small family growers. You will not find high fructose corn syrup in any of our food. We are happy to offer an excellent gluten free menu. Great food, great employees and happy, satisfied customers are the goals that influence everything we do. Owners John Wright and Mike and Aimee Farrell believe that Egg Harbor´s regular customers are the glue that holds us together. As a family-owned company involving three generations of children and grandchildren, we pride ourselves in being an extended family to a great number of people, both employees and customers, and in our restaurants´ active involvement in their local communities.
Reviewed January 20, 2020

This restaurant is only open for breakfast and lunch and they have a great variety to choose from. Everything is good and the staff is attentive and friendly. Very kid friendly as well.

Date of visit: January 2020
Write a reviewReviews (140)

Reviewed December 10, 2019 via mobile

I visited this morning for the first time and I had their standard two eggs meal with corned beef hash (and with a buttered English Muffin and diced potatoes too) and coffee.

The food was good (not the best to my sense of taste, but certainly good).

But the reason that I rate them as Excellent is the end-to-end experience:

1) The restaurant itself is very clean and very nicely decorated. Parking is a snap.
2) The servers are very friendly and efficient (without being pushy).
3) The “little things” are standard (and this is a very BIG thing with me). Examples include a pitcher of water with lemon on the table when I was seated, a pot of good coffee when I ordered coffee (and a take-out cup when I departed,) and a small basket of extra napkins brought to my table (without me needing to ask).

You’re getting more than your average diner experience here (which is appropriate since prices are higher than average too).

These guys have perfected excellent execution and I really appreciated it / my visit.

Date of visit: December 2019
Reviewed October 26, 2019

We were there at 1130 am on a Friday so it wasn't too crowded. Service was excellent.
We had tortilla soup, door county melt, chicken salad on a bed of greens with mandarin oranges,nuts,etc and poppyseed dressing. Food was very good.
Child got belgian waffle- a bit soggy on the bottom-only disappointment.
We will return.

Date of visit: October 2019
Reviewed September 15, 2019 via mobile

This is a great breakfast family location we came in Put our name in and sat down shortly there after the wait staff was very good and we have three little grandchildren and they took care of them had breakfast and got out quickly and everyone was happy great food

Date of visit: September 2019
Reviewed September 10, 2019

Came here with another couple who were visiting from out of town. We all loved what we ordered. The Lobster Salad Melt was excellent. Had half a sandwiche left for the next day. Didn't realize it came with a salad and potatoes. One of our group had a special of the day omelette which he liked very much. We were all impressed with the quality and quantity of the dishes served. For sure will come again when we're back in town.

Date of visit: September 2019