“Best Food, Below-Average Atmosphere”
Review of Steamboat BBQ

Steamboat BBQ
Ranked #1 of 135 Restaurants in Wheaton
Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Good for: Families with children, Kids
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Parking Available, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: This is where Steamboat BBQ got started. With the promise of producing the finest BBQ in the Chicagoland area, we took this little location and kept that promise. Producing top-quality BBQ everyday is our passion. Getting involved in our community is our goal. Consistency is our mantra. We love what we do and can only hope that you love how it tastes. Come on down to Steamboat BBQ - Wheaton, Illinois
Chicago, Illinois
“Best Food, Below-Average Atmosphere”
Reviewed August 12, 2014

Yep, all the reviews on here are accurate. It's the best BBQ I've ever eaten, and I lived in the South for a while. Seriously. Go. Go this minute. They have delicious, wood smoked meat and a lot of amazing BBQ sauce options. If you even think you might halfway like BBQ, you have to eat here.

Why 4 stars instead of 5? Only because *as an overall restaurant*, I don't think it's the #1 place in Wheaton. The atmosphere is simple, the service maybe average. The food is second-to-none in its category, but the overall dining experience is really basic (plasticware, paper plates, and sticky tables). It's a killer BBQ joint, which means it doesn't need to be fancy. But in atmosphere and service there's some room for growth with just a little more effort and investment.

• Visited May 2014

Chicago
“Family owned BBQ ”
Reviewed August 10, 2014 via mobile

When I'm in town this is the place to eat. The people are great and the food is incredible. There are many sides to choose from I've enjoyed everything I've tried. It's easy to find and adds character to an otherwise boring strip mall.

Skokie, Illinois
“Wow!!”
Reviewed August 4, 2014

We are BBQ nuts -- have eaten BBQ all over the country. We were in the area for another appt. and looked up local restaurants - when we saw a BBQ we had to try it. Totally blown away!! Some of the best BBQ I have EVER eaten -- they have a brisket burger made from fresh ground brisket which is dynamite. No exaggeration - the brisket is the best I have eaten anywhere. John, the owner, was kind enough to take us back in the kitchen and explain how he makes everything - a bonus!! Sides are OK - but go for the meats. Even though we live over 40 miles away, we will be going back soon.

• Visited August 2014
3 Thank Rhona R
Chicago
“Fabulous Ribs”
Reviewed July 20, 2014

Absolutely delicious ribs...in Wheaton!!! Alleluia! Monday through Thursday, this southern style BBQ offers St. Louis style ribs (1/2 and full slabs). Available on weekends, I ordered the baby back ribs (Thanks, John!) for pick-up for dinner. (Many rib places run out ... so you may want to order your food earlier in the day). Sydney, a super helpful and friendly employee, offered a wide variety of sauces: apple-boubon, firebox, butler's tribute, sweet mustard, memphis jack's, house buffalo, etc. (Also available for the smokin' jumbo wings.) She personally mixed a blend for me, as I do not favor the very hot sauces. No question. The ribs were fabulous and the apple-bourbon sauce was my favorite.

With about 10 tables, this wear-your-blue-jeans spot serves coconut shrimp, catfish, brisket, burgers, pulled pork, thick bacon, onion rings, sweet potato fries, pit beans, cole slaw, cajun fried pickles, corn, cornbread...I can't wait to go back. I've munched on BBQ all over the US, including St. Louis. This ranks way at the top. Two thumbs up! Way up!

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank Coffeecup1390
Harrisville, Michigan
“Yum”
Reviewed June 11, 2014 via mobile

Great find. Now called Steamboat BBQ. We had rib tips, wings and burnt ends. All wonderful. Service is quick and friendly. A bonus ... They serve Mexican Pepsi with REAL sugar. Perfect to wash down the fatty, smokey goodness.