“Nice local market”
Review of French Market

French Market
Ranked #4 of 27 things to do in Wheaton
Reviewed November 25, 2013

I wish there were a rating between fair and very good. This market is nice and has quite a bit of variety - I would rate it 'good' if there was such a category. It has fresh produce, overpriced but delicious bakery goods, and a nice selection of fresh flowers. I could do without the same old/same old craft booths here and there, but it is definitely worth a stop if you are in the area.

Reviewed November 25, 2013

The market is something that my wife and I go to every Saturday morning. We love seeing all of the produce that is there to offer. My favorite is the used book stall that really has a great selection of books. We also love the kettle corn, doughnuts and other baked goods.

1  Thank Ben W
Reviewed October 22, 2013

On Saturdays in the Fall, a trip to Wheaton, IL would not be complete unless you stop by the French Market, in the middle of the downtown business district. The market consists of an ecclectic blend of farm produce, meats, breads, clothing, books, cooking items, jewelry, and collectibles. There is much to look at and it is packed into a parking lot near the railroad tracks and station. Crowded is not a good description, but it is still a lot of fun to stop and look, taste, and buy many of the various things that are displyed by the vendors.

This should be on your 'must stop' list when you travel to the Northwest Suburbs of Chicago!!

Reviewed August 13, 2013

We enjoyed our walk through the market. I purchased a necklace bell pendant made from a silverware handle, and fork time. Very clever artistry. I also bought a nice roasted beet salad that had bleu cheese and walnuts on the side for lunch. Many friendly farmers and vendors. Even a wine tasting! Woo Hoo! Nice baked goods including croissants and breads. Worth the drive!

Reviewed July 29, 2013

The French Market takes over a parking lot in downtown Wheaton every Saturday throughout the summer. They have jewelry, crafts, local produce, coffee, flowers, honey, scarves and bakery goods. Some of the fruits and vegetable are expensive - but compare prices and you will appreciate the quality, flavor & freshness. The smoothies at the Thai stand are just wonderful. It can get very crowded - I don't know why anyone would attempt to push a stroller thru the crown. Just go and enjoy the street musicians and people watching.