“Great atmosphere, very welcoming to our group”
Review of Ivy Restaurant

Ivy Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Ivy Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 137 Restaurants in Wheaton
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Transit: Metra Train
Reviewed August 11, 2014

Three couples got together to share an evening and a meal. The owner stopped by to recognize us as the "party" table and we learned about the history of the building and the restaurant. I started my meal with the Almond French Encrusted Brie. The include artisan bread (toasted hard), blueberries and baby greens. It was very nice and big enough to share with another person. My entrée was the Ivy Summer Salad. Chopped iceberg and romaine lettuce, with sweet vinaigrette dressing, fresh blueberries, grapes, mandarin oranges, grilled chicken and sliced almonds. It was hearty enough to call a meal. I really prefer to order meat, but I have been trying to drop a pound or two and this fit the bill. The others at my table had Parmesan Encrusted Salmon, Oscar Style Filet Mignon and the Bone In Ribeye steak. All complimented the chef for the accuracy of the preparedness (medium rare was pink with a little red, medium included no red meat) and the delicate balance of flavors and textures. We will go back soon. Don't forget the crème brulee for dessert.

There are newer reviews for Ivy Restaurant

Reviewed August 5, 2014

I was nervous coming here for lunch in the middle of a work day but service was quick and friendly. I ate outside on the patio and it couldn't have been lovelier. Salads are great here but a little heavy on the dressing and a little pricey for an average lunch ($13-$15 for salad), though portions would nice sized.

Reviewed July 28, 2014

Went to a wedding dinner upstairs at the Ivy. Nice atmosphere. Had a bathroom on the second floor as well. Appetizers were good. Entrees, very good. Had two petit fillets on breaded tomatoes with béarnaise sauce. Fresh asparagus and mashed potatoes. The meal was extremely good and as a guest, would definitely recommend others to have functions there.

Reviewed July 6, 2014

While the weather could not have been better for afternoon dining outside at Ivy, the parmesan encrusted salmon made the experience outstanding. The crab cakes were filled with lump crab. Both meals were delicious.

Also, I took a group of people to Ivy for Thanksgiving. Traditional turkey and all trimmings, including dessert, beside a lovely fireplace in a beautiful setting, made for wonderful memories and ample leftovers.

Ivy has great atmosphere and dining. HIghly recommend.

1  Thank Coffeecup1390
Reviewed June 26, 2014

First, let me start out by saying that we've been to Ivy several times before and have generally enjoyed dining there. Last night, however, I don't feel they delivered their typical high quality food and service. The food preparation was inconsistent (steaks ordered medium came out medium rare and the vegetables were undercooked). We also had to send a glass of wine back because it had clearly come from a bottle that had been opened several days earlier. Our server gladly took it back and did not charge us for it but I was disappointed because we weren't asked if we would like another to replace it. We will certainly visit Ivy again and I hope they will be back to their previous level of performance.