“Way too loud but good food.”
Review of Ivy Restaurant

Ivy Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Ivy Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3 of 139 Restaurants in Wheaton
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Transit: Metra Train
Reviewed April 24, 2012

There were four of us and it included my parents. We could not hold a conversation on a Saturday at 6 PM. If the weather was better I would have asked to be seated out side. Food was good and the prices were about right. Have to give our total experience an average.

Reviewed April 23, 2012

My husband and I stopped for lunch in downtown Wheaton and went perusing for a restaurant for lunch. We definitely wanted something for a reasonable price, and with a good ambiance; this restaurant didn't disappoint on either level.

Ambiance: This restaurant is an old converted chapel, which really lends an interesting and historical ambiance. There is a large fireplace where the pulpit was historically situated, the colorful stained glass window still filters rainbows across the front of the room and the arched ceilings are still intact meticulously rennovated to exemplify the former architecture of the building. Large window doors along one entire wall lead out into a brilliantly vibrant ivy strewn brick patio. Unforunately, it was too chilly to be seating outside when we were dining, but I can see this patio being a huge draw in the warmer months. Overall, the restaurant was very peaceful and quite with a touch of historical architecture that was not overly ambitious in presentation.

Food / Prices: I still can't believe the food for the price. The wine menu was very extensive with excellent wines. The wines were a tad pricey by the glass, but they were above average wines so I can't complain there. The food was exceptionally priced - especially the lamb, which my husband had (under $15 for three large chops, fire grilled asparagus and potatoes; wow!) Portions were perfectly fililng and the preparation was excellent. My husband and I both had a cup of the tomato bisque (under $2 / cup!), which was fantastic - not overly creamy and it really tasted like nice ripe tomatoes from the garden. For my meal, I had the BBQ chicken salad - suprisingly, I polished off the entire thing! The chicken was moist and tender, the salad crisp and the dressing(s) were fantastic - very flavorful. Overall, I thought the food was superb and you can't beat the price or the quality!

Service: This is my only slight negative. Our server started out very attentive, but as the hall filled with other diners, he became strangely distracted by conversations with the hostess and other waiters / waitresses. I can definitely understand servicing other diners, but I thought it strange that the more customers present, the less attentive he was to all of us in general. We had to wait at least 10 minutes to get his attention for our check and then spent another 10 minutes trying to settle out. It was a minor inconvenience, but I felt that it detracted from our total experience enough to put this from a 5-star restaurant to a 4-star.

All in all, we will 100% be back to the Ivy whenever we are next in the area - hopefully our service was just a product of our particular waiter and our next experience will be a 5-star. Overall, I can't say enough about the ambiance, food and prices - can't wait to try out the patio too!

Reviewed April 5, 2012

Wonderful atmosphere, menu selection and prompt, attentive service in addition to delicious food is what we experienced at this local eatery. The lovely ambiance and delightful staff were an added bonus to the terrific meal we enjoyed.

Reviewed March 27, 2012

we have been to this establishment several times, and have never been disappointed.

food and service were excellent. dutch coffee sublime. owner seems to live there,

which is a good thing. our meat and fish were properly prepared. warm bread served.

just go!!!!

Reviewed March 16, 2012

We've been to Ivy about a dozen times and it's always met or exceeded our expectations. The service, food and atmosphere are excellent. They have an excellent selection of wines at reasonable prices to compliment your meal. Their outside dining area adds to the ambiance of the dining experience when the weather permits. Reservations are recommended on the weekends. We look forward to many more enjoyable visits!