“Cantigny Park”
Review of Cantigny Park

Cantigny Park
Ranked #1 of 25 things to do in Wheaton
More attraction details
Owner description: Welcome to Cantigny!Discover a world of beauty, learning and fun just around the corner! Cantigny was Colonel Robert R. McCormick’s gift to the community and all 500 acres are yours to enjoy. Plan your visit today!
Reviewed November 28, 2013

This is really an enjoyable place. It is very informative and educational. The whole family will be enriched by it.

1  Thank Eileen R

Reviewed November 25, 2013 via mobile

Cantigny has many special events from 5k races to a variety of musical entertainment in the summer on weekends. you can take a picnic or have something to eat in the restaurant. the museum is always interesting go through. our family enjoys cantigny.

Reviewed November 25, 2013

On my first visit awhile ago, I was so pleasantly surprised to find a place my family and I can go repeatedly throughout the year. I have brought not only family, but out-of-town guests, and everyone was as pleased as I was. First, the grounds, with many lovely gardens, are a joy to walk through during all seasons. The McCormick House Museum was a treasure of interesting things including some little known history. All the tanks outside the Military Museum were covered with kids climbing all over them. The café was charming and served good, reasonably priced food. One of the nicest surprises was that all you had to spend was $5 per car to park! No other admission fees. Even all their outdoor concerts were free. I recommend this place very highly! I have since become a Member, which was also very reasonable.

Reviewed November 24, 2013

I have not visited here in quite a while but attended a wedding here recently. This facility was established by Colonel McCormack who owned the Chicago Tribune years ago.
The grounds are beautiful. The restaurant food was great. They have a world class golf course, but since I don't play I don't know if its open to the public.

The highlight of this park is a fantastic WWII military museum

Reviewed November 15, 2013

A beautiful and historic park, we go here every year and wander the grounds. Many formal gardens, make sure and do the mansion tour.