“Superb!!!”

Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Hale St.
Transit: Chicago Northwestern Metra
Reviewed March 14, 2013

Outstanding meal and excellent service. In town to celebrate our daughter's graduation from nursing school. Our party of 12 was all well pleased with our various meals. Perfect filet mignon, tasty bison, and other entrees were all very good. Hope to return before she leaves the Wheaton area...

Reviewed March 12, 2013

Food here was never great, although I have not sampled the new chef's offerings and I hear he is very good. My problem is we have always had snippy bad service. Witnessed bartender sampling a drink before setting it on servers tray (ick) atmosphere is great in bar and in summer, the outside. Back dining room just OK.

Reviewed February 25, 2013

I wanted to check out the "Bank" for some time, but, just never got around to it until the Groupon.
It's a beautiful setting, the chef stresses the use of local farmed food & game (although there weren't many game options available --bison was it, no venison, quail, rabbit, pheasant, & etc.). My husband had a steak salad ($16) --good but lacked the menu advertised bleu cheese. I had the cheese plate appetizer--3 small morsels of bleu cheese, cheddar, and another good tasting unknown smooth cheese; 8 tiny bits of salami; 3 skinny/holey pieces of french bread toasted, dry, and chewy (really you couldn't provide more fresh bread at this price?!); & a spoonful of lingonberry preserves....all for $12.
Wine list okay.
Brian was our wait staffer & it looked like he was holding down the bar and about six+ tables of guests--thin service but, it he did quite well.
Food taste and quality--good, pricey for what it is.
Service--good.
Ambiance--great.

Over all experience: we were not "wowed".

Would I go back?
Maybe we would give it a try on another night or season (we went during the week after St. Valentine's day).

Reviewed February 15, 2013

My husband & I had a delicious & delightful dinner at The Bank in Wheaton. The restaurant is located in a beautifully restored century old bank building. We really enjoyed the ambiance of the location & the professional yet unintimidating service from the very congenial staff. The chef even came out of the kitchen to talk with us. Best of all, our meals were delicious, filled with fresh, local ingredients. In addition, we felt both food & beverages were very fairly priced.
Don't hesitate to take it to The Bank!

Reviewed February 6, 2013

My husband and I had lunch today and were a bit disappointed. I ordered the special sandwich for the day which was grilled salmon sandwich. My husband had the bison burger. I took one bite and found the salmon to be very dry with a heavy fish taste and smell. We notified the waiter and he graciously apologized and asked if I would like it replaced. My reorder was the steak salad which took sometime to be delivered. I was told by the waiter the chef tasted the salmon and agreed with my evaluation, They also stopped serving it during the lunch service. If I hadn't brought this to their attention perhaps someone would have gotten very sick as there must have been something wrong with this fish as they immediately removed it from the luncheon offering. I would have thought have they would have tried to retify my situation with some type of consideration. As we used a Group On toward our purchase, maybe that was a financial issue for them. Nevetheless they deducted the salmon and charged us accordingly for the bison burger, steak salad and two ice teas; with the group on ($7 for $15 dollars of food) and we still had a bill of $18 plus a $6 dollar tip.