“Take It To The Bank!”

Transit: Chicago Northwestern Metra
Chicago, IL
“Take It To The Bank!”
Reviewed February 15, 2013

My husband & I had a delicious & delightful dinner at The Bank in Wheaton. The restaurant is located in a beautifully restored century old bank building. We really enjoyed the ambiance of the location & the professional yet unintimidating service from the very congenial staff. The chef even came out of the kitchen to talk with us. Best of all, our meals were delicious, filled with fresh, local ingredients. In addition, we felt both food & beverages were very fairly priced.
Don't hesitate to take it to The Bank!

• Visited February 2013

Wheaton, Illinois
“Disappointed in the Food”
Reviewed February 6, 2013

My husband and I had lunch today and were a bit disappointed. I ordered the special sandwich for the day which was grilled salmon sandwich. My husband had the bison burger. I took one bite and found the salmon to be very dry with a heavy fish taste and smell. We notified the waiter and he graciously apologized and asked if I would like it replaced. My reorder was the steak salad which took sometime to be delivered. I was told by the waiter the chef tasted the salmon and agreed with my evaluation, They also stopped serving it during the lunch service. If I hadn't brought this to their attention perhaps someone would have gotten very sick as there must have been something wrong with this fish as they immediately removed it from the luncheon offering. I would have thought have they would have tried to retify my situation with some type of consideration. As we used a Group On toward our purchase, maybe that was a financial issue for them. Nevetheless they deducted the salmon and charged us accordingly for the bison burger, steak salad and two ice teas; with the group on ($7 for $15 dollars of food) and we still had a bill of $18 plus a $6 dollar tip.

• Visited February 2013
Naperville, Illinois
“We enjoyed excellent food and service”
Reviewed January 24, 2013 via mobile

This is a beautiful setting in an old bank building. We enjoyed a lamb special and I particularly liked the vegetarian entree of quinoa and kale ... amazing melange of other vegetables and great flavor. Most of their food is locally sourced. We appreciate that. Carrot cake for dessert was more European style, not as gooey rich as some American versions. While some might think it a bit drier, it's just the way I like it. Superb service. We will visit again.

Lindenhurst, Illinois
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“I will not recommend”
Reviewed November 20, 2012

My wife’s family had a gathering there, some refused to eat their steak, too tough. My wife’s chicken was so dry she had to use a knife to cut it then mix with the potatoes for moisture. For three hours I had to hear about how bad the food was and so dead for a Saturday night. The right show for the chef should’ve been “Kitchen Nightmares”.

• Visited November 2012
“The bank”
Reviewed November 9, 2012

This restaurant was in the top three I've ever been to! Charlie trotters& Aruns in the city are the other two. The food was excellent & chef Patrick came out to talk to us for some time. The food & wine pairing was amazing! The wine was from August Hill winery in Ottawa . We had beet salad to open followed by pike, lamb,& bison.

• Visited November 2012