“A spacious suite!” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Westmont
Roseville, Minnesota
“A spacious suite!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 31, 2012

We recently traveled to Hinsdale IL for a family Memorial Service. My brother made reservations at the ClubHouse in Westmont. This was our second time there. The three of us, my wife, my 10-year old grandson and I, were immediately upgraded to a 2 room suite with a kitchette. One room was a living room and kitchette. There was a hide-a-bed for our grandson and his own TV. Our room was a nice room with a very comfortable bed and another TV.

The breakfast was fairly good and the pool was perfect. My grandson enjoyed it a good deal.

The price was quite reasonable considering the location.

I would recommend this hotel to anyone. It is not ultra posh, but is a very good value--a great place to stay.

Room Tip: The suites are nice, but the hide-a-bed is best for children.
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
Cincinnati, Ohio
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 9, 2012

I recently returned from a stay at the ClubHouse Inn and Suites with my husband and 2 toddlers. I booked the room last minute and was unable to get a suite because they were sold out. So I booked a business class room. We arrived late and when I checked in I was told the business class was sold out and I was being upgraded to a suite! Not sure how that worked but I was pleased that I got the suite I wanted originally. The room consisted of a living room, small kitchen area with a dorm size fridge, microwave and sink and table with 2 chairs. The couch in the living room was a pull out bed. The bedroom area was also large with a TV, King size bed and chair. The room was big enough for us to put up 2 pack n plays and still have room to walk around.
From some of the traveler pictures I have seen on tripadvisor I can tell that the rooms have been updated. They now have flat screen TVs in both the bedroom and living room. The old school flowered bed spreads have been replaced with white comforters. The furniture in the living room - pull out couch and chair does look old and outdated. We didn't use the pull out so I cannot speak to the comfort of it. The king size bed was comfortable but the pillows need a little improvement. Like most hotels they are feather pillows and I had one that kept poking me.
The free breakfast was really nice. Everything we had was very good. You really can't beat it for a free breakfast. You have your choice of eggs, sausage, pancakes, cold cereals, juices biscuits and gravy, fresh fruit and probably a few other things I can't remember.
The toiletries in the room included bars of soap, shampoo, conditioner and lotion and they all were a very nice scent.
The main reason I knocked off 2 stars is because there were a couple of things that could have been cleaner. As another reviewer mentioned, the bathtub was stained. When I gave my kids a bath I made them sit on a towel. Also, the room appeared very clean however I made my sons wear socks to walk around. Their white socks were completely black after walking around our room for a short time. This made me concerned about the cleanliness of the place. The carpeting definitely needs a major shampoo!
The location is in a quiet suburb from what I could tell over my 2 night stay. We drove to the train station and went downtown for a day. The train station is only about a 5 minute drive with free parking on the weekends.
I would probably stay here again if I had a reason to stay in Westmont again.

2 Thank StephanieCincinnati
San ANtonio, Texas, USA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 9, 2012

We stayed 3 nights at Clubhouse. We rec'd a downtown stairs room, which was great because of the luggage we had. The room was clean and tidy. However, the A/C was a bit weak. The breakfast was pretty good and staff was helpful. My son was able to enjoy the indoor pool every day we stayed there. As parents, we enjoyed the cool temperature in the evening (compared to where we live, South Texas) and still able to keep an eye on our son in the pool. It's not a 5 star hotel, but it is good for the price.

1 Thank lunaforever
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 21, 2012

This place wasn't a nightmare, but it wasn't that great either. It was pretty much lower average. The room was a nice size, and the center patio of the place was nice.,but no active fan or vent in the bathroom! Something looked like a vent but it couldnt turn on, plus the tub and floors were dirty and so grimey. But being the good people we are, we.wrre ok with things after the first cleaning lady tidied up and it looked cleaner than when we first arrived! Maybe it was the $10 tip but that didnt help the second day! I knew it was a different housekeeper as the bed was made differently but I was extremely angry when the floors werent vacuumed at all! I would think $10 is a nice tip and it takes 30sec to vacuum! ! The only thing that saved the rating (or so I thought) was the good breakfast buffet in the nice lobby....but on my last day there was no syrup after I kept asking the serving lady. How can there be no syrup if you have a breakfast buffet everyday and then you keep making more pancakes??? Who eats pancakes with no syrup?! All in all guess you get what you paid for, isnt very expensive. The surrounding town area is very nice though. But if you like no vents, no vacuuming and no syrup this place is for you!

• Stayed July 2012
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank sweetchickpea
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 16, 2012

We stayed at this hotel this past weekend. We had friends in from out of town. I was happy and suprized about this hotel. We booked it through Priceline and I had never heard of it before so I was concern as to what we wiould find there.

Hotel is in a great location. Rooms are clean and large with free WIFI internet. There is a nice indoor pool and hot tub. Also, there is a very common patio area with tables and chairs and BBQ grills. This hotel allows small dogs for a extra $10.00 / day. There is also a free buffet style breakfast with bacon, eggs, toast / bagels and so on, which was a great vaule.

Overall, we had a great stay there, and I would stay there again for sure.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 12, 2012

In area for large youth sports event. Our team rec'd a group rate. No elevator in facility was a HUGE minus for us with lots of equipment, coolers & baggage to haul down hallways and up flights of stairs. Rooms weretidy, but tired looking. Main hallways, doors & trim in desperate need of painting, which adds to shabby appearance. Lovely courtyard for evening gathering. Very close to appreciated amenities; groceries, restaurants, etc.

• Stayed July 2012
      Cleanliness
Also consider these accommodations in or near Westmont
BEST WESTERN PLUS Oakbrook Inn
Extended Stay America - Chicago - Westmont - Oak Brook
Hilton Chicago Oak Brook Suites
Hilton Chicago Oak Brook Suites
#1 of 8 in Oakbrook Terrace
Hyatt Place Chicago/Lombard
Champagne Lodge and Luxury Suites
Residence Inn Chicago Oak Brook

Been to Chicago Club Inn Suites? Share your experiences!