“Best chili ever!”

Cuisines: Fast Food
Lisle, I
“Best chili ever!”
Reviewed January 7, 2012

My family thinks Bishop's Chili is one of the best-kept secrets in the suburbs. It's a great tasting medium-spicy chili and we all love it. We frequently stop by to pick up a few quarts to take home. It freezes well and makes a great dinner on a busy night.

• Visited September 2011

Westmont, Illinois
“Bishop's Chili is Terrible”
Reviewed December 29, 2010

I just visited Bishop's Chili for the first time with my friend. We both live in the area and never visited this place, so we decided to give it a try. We both had the chili bowl and hot dog with chili. I have never, without exagerating, had such bad chili in my life. My friend who cooks a lot believe's they added curry. Unless you are a big fan of curry, it isn't a pleasant tast. Curry is a spice that you have to acquire a taste for. It isn't a flavor that "most" people rave about. Curry or not, it was the worst flavor I ever had. I felt like I was eating Chili with something foreign poured in it. When I tried to ask what the flavor was, I was told the ingredients are a secret. I couldn't even force the bowl of chili down, so I left it. I didn't ask her for the ingredients, I just wanted to know what that particular spice was. In addition, the chili dog was a cheap dog that definately was no "all beef" dog. It tasted bad and look almost white. Beef dogs are not pale in color. Both my friend and myself got huge stomach aches later that night. In conculsion, that was our first visit and our last. We both declare that we will never go to Bishop's again. If you do go, you can't say I didn't try to tell you.

Franklin Park, Illinois
“Best Chili in the Chicago Area”
Reviewed November 30, 2010

I have been going to Bishop's for years. They have changed locations and have had a few
restaurants come and go, but it still tastes the same after all this time. Simply one of the best chili's in Chicago area. Make sure to go if in or around Westmont.

1 Thank drw2112