“Good locaton & a good night's sleep”

Best Western Plus Oakbrook Inn
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Westmont
Reviewed May 9, 2014

This was our 2nd time to stay here. We were here in 2011 for 5 days and we came back. We will stay here anytime we come to Chicago. It is easy to drive into the city from this hotel. They now have fresh made omelets for breakfast and warm cookies in the evening. The beds are so comfortable, I would sleep in if I could.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
OAKBROOKINN, Front Office Manager at Best Western Plus Oakbrook Inn, responded to this reviewResponded May 12, 2014

Thank you very much for such a nice review here on Trip Advisor! I really appreciate you taking the time to leave such a nice review. Anytime you are in the Chicago area, we will be waiting for you! So, don't ever hesitate to give us a call. We would love to have you back! Thank you again!

Reviewed May 8, 2014

We were pleasantly surprised at the new look to the hotel lobby. It has been remodeled and they are in the process placing the finishing touches within the lobby area and breakfast area. The most awesome feature of this was the new elevator! This is a great addition and will be appreciated by all guests having to use it. However, for our stay it was not in operating order as they needed to obtain the final inspection with a working phone in the elevator :( This was a bummer as we had a lot of luggage, but managed. This is not the fault of the hotel, just the process they have to go through. The hallways and the rooms have new carpet and the owner mentioned new beds and soon new window treatments. The beds are definitely better and we slept well with the room facing the parking lot (ask for a room facing the parking lot or you will be facing a major road with road noise). The breakfast was great, good variety with eggs to order, sausage, muffins, bagels, cereal, French toast, biscuits & gravy, yogurt, bananas, apples, juice, coffee. This is better than most hotels we have stayed at. I would definitely recommend this hotel with its friendly staff, great breakfast and newer look.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank you for your review here on Trip Advisor! We appreciate your kind words and understanding the process we must go through. It has been a little rough, but we're getting there. When we finish everything, it will all be worth it! Anytime you are in the Chicago area, please don't hesitate to give us a call to make your reservations. You are always welcome here. Thank you!

Reviewed May 3, 2014

We retired several years ago and moved from Melrose Park, IL. to a small town near Galena, IL. We go back for doctor visits and shopping and to visit family. This is the ONLY hotel that does NOT send my allergies into high gear! I am extremely sensitive to dust and dust mites. Every other hotel would cause me to awaken with an instant sinus infection. The air in every room in this hotel is clean, there is no dusty or musty smell.and I have never had a problem with my sinuses after staying here. I don't know how they did it during all of the construction, but it never bothered me. I actually look forward to staying there.

Everyone of the staff members, from the front desk to the "behind-the scenes" people is both friendly and courteous and always very helpful.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
OAKBROOKINN, Front Office Manager at Best Western Plus Oakbrook Inn, responded to this reviewResponded May 5, 2014

Thank you very much for your review here on Trip Advisor! We really appreciate you taking the time to share your thoughts on our hotel. Anytime you are in the Chicago area, please don't hesitate to give us a call to make your reservations. This is your home away from home and we look forward to having you again. Thank you!

Reviewed May 1, 2014

I booked our bus group from Ontario Canada in this hotel based on several favourable reviews on the internet.
When I contacted the hotel I was extremely pleased with the polite & courteous service I received.
Every one in our group liked the rooms which were clean and tidy. The elevator was out of service waiting an inspection but other than that we were quite satisfied.
It's located in close proximity to several restaurants and we felt quite safe walking in the evening after supper.
We would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: I always like to have a ground floor room but the second & third floor rooms were fine too
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends
OAKBROOKINN, Front Office Manager at Best Western Plus Oakbrook Inn, responded to this reviewResponded May 9, 2014

Thank you so much for giving us a review on TripAdvisor! We take in great pleasure ensuring your pleasant stays and the best comfort to your group!
Regretably elevator weren't available upon your arrival due to inspection delay, but we hope to make your next stay even better.
Please give us a call next time to make the reservation, and we love to to see you again soon!

Thank you again for choosing our Best Western Plus Oakbrook Inn

Reviewed April 22, 2014

I attempted to make a reservation on Tripadvisor.com that appeared to not go through on my cell phone. I contacted the hotel to make it instead. When I arrived, the lady asked me why I double booked. I explained what happened and she rudely told me it was my mistake, and they wouldn't refund.

I was not aware this had happened, and she told me she couldn't refund the money, I needed to contact TripAdvisor. I did and they attempted to have the hotel refund their booking and the hotel refused. Had it not been for TripAdvisor refunding me anyway, I would have been out the money for the second booking which was not my mistake.

The hotel was no help, but anxious to keep the money they didn't earn. It was nice on the inside, but I will never stay there again, nor refer them due to their unethical behavior regarding a mistake that wasn't mine. Watch your money!!!

Also, I had a room on the highway side in which the road noise kept me up all night. Not recommended for good sleeping conditions.

Room Tip: Do not sleep on the highway side. The noise from the road kept me up all night!
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
OAKBROOKINN, Front Office Manager at Best Western Plus Oakbrook Inn, responded to this reviewResponded April 24, 2014

Thank you for placing a review on TripAdvisor, we value our guests opinions and suggestions to improve even greater experience for future guests.

For future reference, we usually advise guests to book through hotel directly for more flexibility in date changes or cancellation.

After we reviewed your reservations, one was made through expedia non-refundable reservation and the other was made through bestwestern.com. We only charged the one made through Best Western, and you may look into your statement for proof.
All third party websites provide virtual card payments to the hotel, hence we only able to charge to their virtual card and we did not charge to your credit card at all.
We greatly apologize for the confusion and we hope this answers to your question regarding to double reservation charges.
We want to ensure our guests enjoyable stay, please give us a call next time when you're in town or if you need further assistance and let us know how we can make you happy!

Reviewed April 20, 2014

We selected this hotel on a recent cross country trip because of it's proximity to Pappadeaux, the seafood restaurant. I called ahead to ask some questions and Lucy was quick to tell me the rooms were newly renovated. We decided to check it out and were not disappointed. The lobby renovation was near completion. I asked to see a room before registering and she proudly showed one to us. We quickly agreed to stay and registered.

The staff was all very helpful and the bed was comfortable. My only suggestion for improvement would be the towels are of a very low quality and do not match the quality other furnishings in the room.

We had to depart before breakfast the next morning, but the young lady on duty graciously unlocked the yogurt fridge and also made coffee and pastries available to us! And to our surprise, she asked if we would like omelettes. Because of our time scheduled we declined but we definitely felt as though this staff valued us as a guest.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
OAKBROOKINN, Front Office Manager at Best Western Plus Oakbrook Inn, responded to this reviewResponded April 21, 2014

Thank you for giving us a review on TripAdvisor! By sharing your experience upon the review, you are helping us to improve even better experience for our future guests. It is our pleasure to provide the best service as we can to our guests and beyond. We are very pleased to hear you loved our newly renovated hotel, and it is our sincere wish you will come back to see us again soon to see the new improvement you suggested to us.
Please give us a call next time to make reservation! We would love to have you again.

Reviewed April 15, 2014

While undergoing renovation, the changes look to be good choices and an improvement in functionality. However, the homey, family feel from past experiences is gone. Looking forward to the breakfast, I was disappointed to see limited choices of food, the only fruit being apple or banana. A delicious omelet, caused the entire party to become violently ill 12-15 hours later. Never to return

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
OAKBROOKINN, General Manager at Best Western Plus Oakbrook Inn, responded to this reviewResponded April 20, 2014

Thank you for taking your time giving a review on TripAdvisor!
It is our sincere apologies you did not like our breakfast, however our breakfast fruit selections hasn't been changed since you last visit us. As Best Western Brand Plus requirement, we provided two selection of fruits-apple and banana with more common choices. Also our other breakfast selections provides even more than simply required.

We take in serious matter when it comes to food regulations and how they have been handled.
For better quality taste and freshness, we chosen actual eggs with FDA regulated label of in-shell pasteurization and cooked eggs until yolks are firm also stored in correct temperature as prevention of illness.
After reviewed your case, we did a full inspection and we have contacted our other guests that stayed the same date. There weren't any illness complaints from breakfast on the same date.
It is highly possible you have consumed other things that might have caused the illness after departure. With issues being stated, we will continue to monitor even more carefully to ensure food safety.
We value your business and we want to make you feel at home.
Our front desks assisted you with luggage and providing as much assistance as they could during your stay even strange request of tool? We want to ensure your satisfaction and all of our guest’s satisfaction with the new improvements of hotel and services.

Please provide us suggestions on how we can make you happy and make you comfortable like how it used to be since you stayed with us last time. We value our guest’s opinions to improve better experience and fulfill their needs for any inconveniences as they travel.
By providing us your opinions and suggestions, you are helping us creating even better comfort for our guests. We greatly appreciate once again for your business, and we will be taking consideration of increasing more fruit choices as you suggested.

We wish you wellness; please do not hesitate to contact us at anytime if you need assistance.

Best Western Plus Oakbrook Inn Staff Team ♥

Also consider these accommodations in or near Westmont
Chicago Club Inn Suites
Chicago Club Inn Suites
#2 of 3 in Westmont
Extended Stay America - Chicago - Westmont - Oak Brook
Hyatt Place Chicago/Lombard
Hampton Inn Chicago/Westchester (Oak Brook)
Hyatt House Oak Brook
Hyatt House Oak Brook
#5 of 8 in Oak Brook
Embassy Suites by Hilton Chicago Lombard Oak Brook

Been to Best Western Plus Oakbrook Inn? Share your experiences!