“Perfect for Access to O'Hare”

Best Western Plus Oakbrook Inn
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Westmont
Reviewed July 10, 2013

Having stayed at four other BWs on this trip, this location was the best. Clean, inviting, well-maintained. Bright inviting hallways. Same with the room. Everything worked. Good breakfast. The property is right next to a major interstate, so it is not a scenic location; merely functional!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
OAKBROOKINN, Front Office Manager at Best Western Plus Oakbrook Inn, responded to this reviewResponded July 12, 2013

Thank you for your review here on Trip Advisor! Always know that you are welcome at the Oakbrook Inn and anytime you are in the Chicago area, please don't hesitate to give us a call to make your reservations. We would love to have you again. We hope to see you soon! Thank you!

Reviewed July 1, 2013

My family and I stayed here during a three week road trip, and this was the hotel that made us feel the most at home. We liked that the hotel is small and quiet, kind of secluded, but close to stores and restaurants just down the street. We went to a Cubs game and took the Wrigley Express bus, which leaves from the mall just six miles away, so that was convenient. The best part of our stay, though, was the friendly staff. Both Gaby and Kelly were so nice, always smiling and taking the time to talk with our ten year old son. They really made us feel welcome and went out of their way to make our stay as pleasant as possible.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Scott V
OAKBROOKINN, Front Office Manager at Best Western Plus Oakbrook Inn, responded to this reviewResponded July 3, 2013

Thank you for your review here on Trip Advisor! We really appreciate your kind words. Anytime you are in the Chicago area, please don't hesitate to give us a call to make your reservations. You are always welcome here at the Oakbrook Inn. Also, if any of our staff members provided outstanding service and you want to reward them with more than just a review, you can reward them by emailing thankyou@bestwestern.com. By sending them an email with the associate's name, the name of the hotel, and the date of your stay, they will receive a certificate to redeem 250 Best Western rewards points on their own account, and the certificate will be framed for all of the staff to see here at the Oakbrook Inn. We really enjoyed having your family here, and we hope next time you come to Chicago that you keep us in mind! Thank you very much.

Reviewed July 1, 2013

This was a pleasant hotel with very friendly staff and nice, clean rooms. The made-to-order omelettes/eggs was a very nice touch. The rest of the breakfast was typical for a Best Western so very acceptable. I would stay again if I am back in that part of Chicago.

Room Tip: No elevator, so if you can't climb steps you'd better made sure you are requesting a first f...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
OAKBROOKINN, Front Office Manager at Best Western Plus Oakbrook Inn, responded to this reviewResponded July 2, 2013

Thank you for your review here on Trip Advisor! Anytime you are in the Chicago area, please don't hesitate to give us a call to make your reservations. You are always welcome at the Oakbrook Inn. We hope to see you again very soon! Thank you.

Lucy

Reviewed June 29, 2013

I was pleasantly surprised when I arrived at this hotel. My room was very clean and spacious. The bed was comfortable. I was pleased with the breakfast; on the daily menu were made-to-order omelettes, the usual breakfast carbs (bread, croissants (my fav), cookies, etc), yogurt, biscuits & gravy, fruit (bananas and apples), waffle station, OJ & tea. They often provide cookies in the evening - Yummy!!.

Location: The location is great. There are lots of shops within walking and driving distance. Surprisingly, the hotel is quiet at night so I was able to get a good night sleep.
P.S. If you are visiting Chicago, however, you may want to consider a hotel closer to the city.

Staff: The staff is so friendly. Upon checking out, I was offered a bottle of cold water. What a nice way to end my stay?

I rated the Swimming pool and restaurant average but there is no restaurant on site. I also did not swim during my stay so I don't know whether there's a pool or not.
Bottom line: I recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
OAKBROOKINN, Front Office Manager at Best Western Plus Oakbrook Inn, responded to this reviewResponded July 1, 2013

Thank you for your review here on Trip Advisor! We are so happy to hear you enjoyed your stay and slept well. By the way, cookies and milk are served every night! Our guests are so very important to us, and we hope to have this response from all of our guests. Anytime you are in the Chicago area, please don't hesitate to give us a call. You are always welcome here at the Oakbrook Inn.

Also, if any of our staff members provided outstanding service and you want to reward them with more than just a review, you can reward them by emailing thankyou@bestwestern.com. By sending them an email with the associate's name, the name of the hotel, and the date of your stay, they will receive a certificate to redeem 250 Best Western rewards points on their own account, and the certificate will be framed for all of the staff to see here at the Oakbrook Inn. We hope to hear from you again soon. Thank you very much.

Reviewed June 24, 2013

My husband and I had such a wonderfull three days staying at this hotel. Kelly at the front desk was exceptional. She always had a beautiful smile on her face, very compassionate and ready to help on whatever the need may be. All the staff were very friendly and ready to serve.

I will not hesitate to recommend the accomodation to any of our friends and relatives. We were very pleased with our stay. Thank you Kelly for making our stay enjoyable.

Room Tip: There is no pool, however there are Jaccuzi in the room.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
OAKBROOKINN, Manager at Best Western Plus Oakbrook Inn, responded to this reviewResponded June 25, 2013

Thank you for your review here on Trip Advisor! Kelly is a very important member of our staff and I thank you for recognizing her. It is reviews like your that make her strive to be better. Anytime you are in the Chicago area, please don't hesitate to give us a call to make your reservations. You are always welcome here at the Oakbrook Inn. Also, if any of our staff members provided outstanding service and you want to reward them with more than just a review, you can reward them by emailing thankyou@bestwestern.com. By sending them an email with the associate's name, the name of the hotel, and the date of your stay, they will receive a certificate to redeem 250 Best Western rewards points on their own account, and the certificate will be framed for all of the staff to see here at the Oakbrook Inn.
Kelly and I hope to see the two of you again very soon! Thank you.

Umesh

Reviewed June 22, 2013 via mobile

I have stayed in plenty of Best Westerns all over the U.S and this one has disappointed the most. I booked adjoining rooms for two nights and when I arrived the clerk said she only had us down for one night and that she would have to check us out and back in the following morning. Went back the next morning and the new clerk Gaby extended our stay and updated our keys, we got ready and as were walking out the door, she flagged us down and told us we had thirty minutes to get out of both rooms because she made a mistake. She offered a much smaller room with one bed for a family of four, but told us we would need to leave and come back at normal check in time at 3pm. Not accommodating or willing to help at all.

• Stayed: June 2013
OAKBROOKINN, Front Office Manager at Best Western Plus Oakbrook Inn, responded to this reviewResponded June 24, 2013

Thank you for reviewing us on Trip Advisor. I apologize for the confusion. The Summer time gets a little crazy here at the Oakbrook Inn. Gaby is our new front desk clerk, and maybe she was just a little confused. I apologize for that. If there is anything we can do to make you happy, please let me know. Thank you.

Umesh

Reviewed June 21, 2013

I have used this Best Western the past four years and am always pleased with the cleanliness, friendliness of staff, the breakfast and overall atmosphere. I especially like the fact that it's out of the mainstream just a bit. It is always quiet and serves my needs very well. Wi-fi was great as well. The young woman at the front desk was always so chipper and willing to help.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for yur review here on Trip Advisor! We are always pleased to see you come back to the Oakbrook Inn. Please let us know as soon as possible when you will be returning. I'm sure you are familiar with how busy we are in the Summer, but we always want to make sure we have a nice room ready for you. Thanks so much. See you soon!

Kelly

Also consider these accommodations in or near Westmont
Chicago Club Inn Suites
Chicago Club Inn Suites
#2 of 3 in Westmont
Extended Stay America - Chicago - Westmont - Oak Brook
Hyatt Place Chicago/Lombard
Chicago Marriott Oak Brook
Hampton Inn Chicago/Westchester (Oak Brook)
Holiday Inn Chicago Oakbrook
Holiday Inn Chicago Oakbrook
#5 of 8 in Oakbrook Terrace

Been to Best Western Plus Oakbrook Inn? Share your experiences!