“Great place to stay”

Best Western Plus Oakbrook Inn
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Westmont
Reviewed April 5, 2013

This is a great place to stay. I have stayed here for the last few years but only for one night at a time during business trips. The rooms are clean, comfortable, quiet, and relaxing. I like that its not a large hotel, the only worry I have is if there would not be a room available when I'm in town. The staff is excellent, very friendly and willing to help with anything needed. They make you feel welcome. The breakfast has always been better than other hotes and is terrific with a lady who makes omelletes to order.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
OAKBROOKINN, Front Office Manager at Best Western Plus Oakbrook Inn, responded to this reviewResponded April 8, 2013

Thank you for your review here on Trip Advisor! We are pleased to hear that you always enjoy your stay here and are a returning guest. You are always welcome here at the Oakbrook Inn! Please let us know whenever you will be back in town, and we will be happy to reserve a room for you. Thank you again!

Reviewed April 4, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for four nights. Its a 30-40 minute drive into Chicago from the hotel. Hotel is older. But rooms are in good shape. Great price and some good restaurants within 5-10 minute drive. Fitness room in basement was moldy smelling and nasty. Staff was very friendly and helpful. But let's be clear, this is an inexpensive option, not a luxury hotel by any stretch.

• Stayed: April 2013

Thank you for your review here on Trip Advisor! We will be doing a good amount of renovations this year, and even more the year after. I apologize that you did not like our fitness room. I hope that between our breakfast and our bedrooms that it was made up for. Please let know whenever you are in the Chicago area, and we would love to have you again. Thank you!

Reviewed April 3, 2013

I do recommend this hotel to travelers. The room is neat and well-kept. The necessities like the refrigerator, microwave, flat iron are there. But what impressed me most is for breakfast, they have a lady who make the omelettes for you and that you won't find in other inns. Their breakfast items are fufilling. I did not face any problems during my stay at Best Western. They will be installing an elevator in the future to make it easier for travelers with luggage, but other than that, I will go back in the future.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
OAKBROOKINN, Front Office Manager at Best Western Plus Oakbrook Inn, responded to this reviewResponded April 4, 2013

Thank you for your review here on Trip Advisor! We will be doing quite a bit of renovations over the next 2 years and we hope that you come back to see them! Anytime you are in the Chicago area, give us a call to make your reservations. We would love to have you again. Thank you.

Reviewed April 3, 2013

Is a great place to stay. Rooms were clean and odor free, the beds comfortable, great breakfast, warm and friendly atmosphere. Actual HOT water in the shower, fireplace and cookies in the evening. Would stay here again and highly recommend it to others. clean ,great price , and friendly atmosphere., what more could you ask for.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for your review here on Trip Advisor! We really appreciate your kind words. Anytime you are in the Chicago area, please don't hesitate to give us a call. You are always welcome at the Oakbrook Inn. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed March 31, 2013

I do recommend this hotel to travelers. The room is neat and well-kept. The necessities like the refrigerator, microwave, flat iron are there. But what impressed me most is for breakfast, they have a lady who make the omelettes for you and that you won't find in other inns. Their breakfast items are complete.
The only problem I encounter was there was no dial tone in our phones. I mentioned it to receptionist, she said they're going to check on it. But up to the time we checked out (we spent two nights), the problem was not solved and the receptionist didn't get back to us on why it wasn't done.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
OAKBROOKINN, Front Office Manager at Best Western Plus Oakbrook Inn, responded to this reviewResponded April 1, 2013

Thank you for your review here on Trip Advisor. I apologize that your problem was not taken care of. That is completely unacceptable, and I will make sure to have a talk with my staff next meeting about the issue. I hope that everything went well while you were with us. We try very hard to be as personable as possible with all of our guests so that they know if there is anything wrong, big or small, that they can come to us right away. We hope to see you again in the future. Please give us a call anytime you are in the Chicago area, and we will be happy to make your reservations. You are always welcome at the Oakbrook Inn. Thank you again.

Reviewed March 29, 2013

This hotel and service is not for people who like trendy stuff and cold official atmosphere, this is to feel warmth and comfort, real welcoming greatings and smile. All the staff is extremely friendly, helpful, but i would especially mention a very sunny Kelly, Lucy and Diane! My impression is that i visited my relatives, but not a normal hotel. Prices were a very nice compliment as they were more than good. I would not look for other variants when I plan my further trips, it is simply doesn't make sense. Thank you, guys and best of luck! :)

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Ekaterina E
Reviewed March 28, 2013

Value plus a warm and cozy place to spend the evening.Thick Oak doors give a secure, old world feeling. A continual fire in a large brick fireplace surounded by huge soft leather chairs and sofa add to the warm and cozy feeling of the place. Eggs to order in the morning added to the french toast and waffles make you not want to leave.

Room Tip: We like the first floor
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business

Thank you very much for your review here on Trip Advisor. We really appreciate your kind words. Anytime you are in the Chicago area, please don't hesitate to give us a call to make your reservations. You are always welcome at the Oakbrook Inn. We look forward to seeing you again in the future. Thank you again!

Kelly

Also consider these accommodations in or near Westmont
Chicago Club Inn Suites
Chicago Club Inn Suites
#2 of 3 in Westmont
Extended Stay America - Chicago - Westmont - Oak Brook
Comfort Suites Oakbrook Terrace
Comfort Suites Oakbrook Terrace
#4 of 8 in Oakbrook Terrace
The Hyatt Lodge at McDonald's Campus
Hampton Inn Chicago/Westchester (Oak Brook)
Best Western Plus Chicago Hillside

Been to Best Western Plus Oakbrook Inn? Share your experiences!