“Good food! Great Beer! No Screaming Kids! Life is good.”
Review of Bohemian Crystal

Bohemian Crystal
Ranked #2 of 102 Restaurants in Westmont
Cuisines: Czech, Eastern European
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Atlanta, Georgia
“Good food! Great Beer! No Screaming Kids! Life is good.”
Reviewed April 23, 2014

Yes! I am in CFN - Comfort Food Nirvana. aaaaaah. Hold on. More wine. OK. So in prepration for my next vacation to Eastern Europe (if it's still there) I find myself in Chicago this week where, as it happens, there are more Eastern Europens than anywhere else ('cept Eastern Europe). And so I made the command decision to avail myself of the local imported fare of which there is abundancy, as noted by most of the peeps who was dining at same restaurant.

People clearly eat well here in CHI-town. I feel slim. I am liking this trip already, if only because of that. OK also because lunch was a sad sandwich from Target and I was pretty damned hungry by 6:30, so...

ZUT! ALORS! ONWARD HO to the Bohemian Crystal, which was SLAMMED by 6:30 - a good sign, I hoped.

FIRST IMPRESSION: Smells great when you walk in.
SECOND IMPRESSION: I am the youngest person here. And I'm not young.
THIRD IMPRESSION: I am going to eat like a horse tonight. And I've seen horses eat. Bring it on. Wonder if they have feedbags here. Slay me.

Comments with photos, attached:

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank 57Horses

Florida
“Food Of My Youth Made The Drive Worthwhile”
Reviewed April 9, 2014

I grew up on Chicago's South Side and have fond memories of the ethnic restaurants of my youth...Polish, German, Swedish and such. Bohemian Crystal was a step back in time. The customers, waitresses, the menu and serving sizes, the reasonable prices...everything, all was perfect. I had coffee, liver dumpling soup, roast pork and polish sausage, bread dumplings, sauerkraut, lots of gravy, and kolacky for desert...all for $13. Service by excellent uniformed waitresses was fast, and the food was great.
It's hard to find restaurants like this today, unless you live close to large ethnic communities. I'll be sure to make the drive to Westmont and Bohemian Crystal whenever I'm visiting Chicago.

• Visited April 2014
Westmont, Illinois
“Excellent Czech Food, Service and Atmosphere”
Reviewed March 4, 2014

I've been eating at the Bohemian Crystal for over 20 years. In fact, the original owners opened their restaurant in Brookfield (Eight Corners) over 40 years ago, and then moved to Westmont. The new owners have continued the tradition of excellent Czech food, and the generous portions are presented at very reasonable prices. The restaurant atmosphere is festive and the pleasant service outstanding. Great Pilsen beer selection to complement the wonderful meal.

• Visited January 2014
Chicago, Illinois
“A taste of the old country!!”
Reviewed December 24, 2013 via mobile

Just had the most amazing Duck Dinner ever!! This was my first visit and I was very impressed with the cuisine and the service. Highly recommend for an outstanding dining experience..

Prescott, Arizona
“Ethnic Bohemian Food at Its Best”
Reviewed November 28, 2013

YUM! This is a destination restaurant whenever we are in the area. The duck is so wonderful - no NOT greasy! The goulash specialties flavorful and authentic. The dumplings (2 choices) and sauerkraut (2 choices) cooked to perfection. Oh, the dessert - kolachky - best ever. The dough to so flaky and the fillings tasty (cheese and poppy seed our my favorites). There are daily special for both lunch and dinner. The liver dumpling soup is my favorite. Give it a try. A true bargain. The wait staff is attentive and sees to your every need.

• Visited November 2013