“Friendly Patrons and Staff - but that Swamp Thing!!!!!”

Pappadeaux Seafood Kitchen
Ranked #1 of 102 Restaurants in Westmont
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed July 14, 2014

This was the biggest family meal I've ever had. It was like going to your Aunt's House and sitting next to a Cousin and chatting about your meal, travel and everything in between. The five of use are family but every one who sat next to us became family too!
The halibut, blackened catfish, shrimp ettouffe and pasta Mardi Gras are all excellent selections. No I didn't eat all of these but we are a sharing kind of family! But that Swamp Thing...just order it, you won't be sorry. The atmosphere is joyous, the staff is friendly but keep on them if you want refills. Oh and yes I left room for dessert. Banana Pudding, Creme Brulee and Key Lime pie; we shared these too. We went at about 2 PM on Sunday and missed the lunch and dinner crows and still received the cheaper lunch menu every day until 3 PM.

2  Thank Chucketta
There are newer reviews for Pappadeaux Seafood Kitchen

Reviewed July 8, 2014

While in town for business, this restaurant was recommended to me by several people. I visited in July and the outside waiting area and outside seating area was decorated with large planters of flowers, very pretty. Inside is a nice sized bar, very open and not tucked into a corner. The inside had an open floor plan and the seating did not feel crowded. It did however get loud with everyone talking once the resturant filled up.

My server, Alex, was nice and on point. I ordered the medium seafood Cobb salad (you can order either the medium or large size) which was perfect for me. Large chunks of crab and nice size shrimp. I think they may have been marinated in something very subtle, since they had a really nice flavor. The salad also came with applewood bacon, blue cheese, avocado and some other great stuff. Bread served to each table was almost a half of baguette, along with whipped butter- very good. If I lived nearby, this would be a Resturant to visit to celebrate happy occasions, or to enjoy with friends. I didn't order any, but there were beautiful and colorful drinks on most of the tables that I could see. If I am lucky enough to be back in this area, I will definitely dine here again.

Reviewed June 29, 2014 via mobile

My son really wanted to go here for his birthday. Our food was average. We informed them that we were celebrating his birthday and they did nothing, while tables around us were being brought some kind of browie with a candle we were only offered to order dessert. Lame!

Reviewed June 8, 2014

We were staying nearby, found the reviews of this place right here on TripAsvisor. I am still swooning over how good the food was! I had crab cakes and the Andouille gumbo, BF had the tilapia with shrimp and it was all wonderful. Beautiful indoors but even more so on the huge patio, ala the French Quarter in New Orleans...

Reviewed June 7, 2014

Lunch menu offers a nice assortment of seafood, pasta and salad ranging from $14-$20. Nicely brewed fresh iced tea. Excellent service from a professional waiter who provided quick and efficient service. Portions are dinner-sized. Would enjoy coming back for dinner. Lovely outdoor seating area.