“Perfect Suburban Dining!”
Review of Bakersfield

Bakersfield
Reserve with OpenTable
Bakersfield is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #13 of 102 Restaurants in Westmont
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Blackhawk
Oak Park, Illinois
“Perfect Suburban Dining!”
Reviewed January 10, 2013

Fantastic experience on NYE! Evening reservation with parents and atmosphere was so inviting! Maybe just a tad too dark (some had to use flashlight on keychain to read menu!)! It was so pleasant that it wasn't the usual NYE dinner rip-off with a pre-fixe menu - we were able to order off of the regular menu and they also had a nice selection of specials available, too! The hostess was gracious and our server was very well-informed, charming and attentive without being too much. The decor was simple, yet elegant and enough space between tables to allow for private conversations. My entree selection of a filet was absolutely incredible - truly melt in your mouth like butter! Mmmmm good! The portion size was ideal and the prices were not outrageous for the quality. Will highly recommend and look forward to return visit!

• Visited January 2013

chicago,illinois
“Relaxing ambiance and amazing food”
Reviewed December 19, 2012

My husband took me here for my birthday in November. We had a Thai shrimp appetizer that was one of the best foods I have ever tasted. My entree was their fried chicken and mashed potatoes, the meat was tender and the potatoes were delicious. The wine selection is very good, and the waiter was very knowledgable and able to help us match wine to our food choices.

Houston, Texas
“Wonderful, but pricey!!!”
Reviewed December 16, 2012

This dining experience was wonderful. It was an imaginative menu, which I appreciate since I love to cook. Hostess was fantastic. Service was superb! We dined here on a Saturday evening....early....around 6:30 pm. Wine list was phenomenal! Creative martinis (which I don't drink), and other interesting mixed drinks. Food was pure and tasteful. I loved it!

Willow Springs, Illinois, United States
“Go elsewhere - please!”
Reviewed December 10, 2012

Would rather comment directly to Bakersfield but not contact on their site. Six of us, a dinner club, met Sunday night for dinner. Ignored at the hostess stand - like we were invisible. Eventually asked if our group wanted to be "SAT". Attention manager: see if your head hostess can speak English properly. An interminable wait for our orders to be taken. No bread basket over which to while away the time. The item I wanted as listed on their website was missing from the menu. A Sprite arrived in a glass packed with crushed ice and room in it for only a splash of the Sprite. No refill offered. A cocktail ordered was sent back 3 times and it didn't improve. Another cocktail was rated "the poorest he had ever had". The entrées were very good but very expensive. The bill arrived - but it was another party's bill. Two attempts to get that straight. During the meal our waitress was absent most of the time - very inattentive. It was a quiet place - not many other diners and now we see why. Why, why, why does a restauranteur open a place at huge expense and then not train the staff? We will not be returning. Noticed some folks doing carry out perhaps to avoid the wait crew.

• Visited December 2012
1 Thank Marilyn715
PedEye1
“Very good, even f veggies!”
Reviewed November 30, 2012

Nice decor, enthusiastic service, no complaints about anything. I had an excellent butternut squash soup, interesting seared Brussels sprouts, and fine red cabbage c goat cheese. We went on Thursday, which apparently is half price martinet night. I'm not a big martini drinker, but the selection was interesting and better at $5.50 than full price!