“Problems no one really cares!”

Extended Stay America - Chicago - Westmont - Oak Brook
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Westmont
“Problems no one really cares!”
Reviewed May 16, 2013

My first attempt to check-in was met by a front desk staff who insisted I did not have a reservation in spite of me showing the confirmation on my phone. Rooms were not ready for early check in so I had to wait 3 1/2 hours at a Starbucks.

It started raining in my bathroom, floor was flooded with water, staff seemed confused as to what to do; I had to leave for a meeting, but came back to a wet floor. Finally I requested a late check out and staff only gave me 30 minutes later when other properties allow 2-3 hours for late check-out. Not a place I would revisit, nor recommend.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Litchfield, Connecticut
Reviewed April 11, 2013

Newly renovated here means a coat of paint and maybe a new vanity for the bathroom. The floor may have been recently installed. However, the room was not thoroughly cleaned prior to our arrival. The dishware and cutlery were not clean. Towels were thin, ESP the bath "mat" and hand towels. The one window had drapes with blackout lining, but no sheers, so you could never see daylight and have any privacy. So somewhat depressing. The bed was comfortable but the blanket was thin and scratchy. Linens were limp, poor quality. Good pillows, tho, with a variety of firmness. We stayed 5 nights and some were noisier than others with guests coming and going at odd hours, slamming doors. The heating /cooling unit is noisy and inefficient. hard to get room to a comfortable temp.The staff is friendly and accommodating. I had an issue with my bill that was taken care of quickly and easily. Good location, good price, but not a room you would want to spend many hours in.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
HM-ESA, Manager at Extended Stay America - Chicago - Westmont - Oak Brook, responded to this review, April 12, 2013
I received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to personally respond. We appreciate the kind comments about our friendly and accommodating staff; however, we apologize regarding the quality of our linens, lack of cleanliness in your room as well as the inadequate heating/cooling unit and your billing issue. I met with the staff, and addressed more thorough room inspections for both cleanliness and heating/cooling unit issues as well as incorrect billing to ensure that these are not repeated. Thanks to your feedback, we can continue to work on providing an exceptional stay for all of our guests. Please feel free to contact me directly, at wsm@extendedstay.com, with any additional comments or questions. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.

Travelers are raving about these Westmont hotels

Livonia, Michigan
Reviewed January 24, 2013

I had the pleasure of staying here for an extended period of time. The hotel has just been newly renovated, and has excellent new rooms. They are very cozy and comfortable with new beds, new LCD tvs and free wi-fi. Their bathrooms were newly renovated as well with new fixtures, and modern look. The staff is courteous and is very helpful in everything that you may need. There is a continental breakfast every morning from 6-9 which is sufficient for a quick start to your morning. They are conveniently located right off of Illinois 83 ( Kingery Highway) and minutes west of I-294

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank rmchacko
HM-ESA, Manager at Extended Stay America - Chicago - Westmont - Oak Brook, responded to this review, January 25, 2013
It was very kind of you to take the time to publish such a positive review of your stay. It's always satisfying to read positive feedback from our valued guests, like you. Although some companies run extravagant advertising campaigns for their hotels, we believe that the best kind of marketing is the public praise we get from our millions of happy customers. Our company motto is "Excellence Every Day, Every Way," and my promise to you is that we will continue to operate according to this practice; after all, that's how Extended Stay Hotels(sm) got to be the largest extended stay lodging brand in North America.

Thank you once again, and feel free to reach out to us directly if we can assist you in any of your future travels.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Westmont
Chicago Club Inn Suites
Residence Inn Chicago Oak Brook
Holiday Inn Chicago Oakbrook
Holiday Inn Chicago Oakbrook
#5 of 8 in Oakbrook Terrace

Been to Extended Stay America - Chicago - Westmont - Oak Brook? Share your experiences!