“Decent hotel west of Chicago”

Hampton Inn Chicago/Westchester (Oak Brook)
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Westchester
Reviewed May 5, 2014

Rooms are average, and the location means you must drive to access anything outside of the hotel and to get to transit, but a decent place to stay overall. Nice staff, and good breakfast buffet. Nothing special, but overall, the hotel is consistent with what one would expect from a Hampton Inn.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family

Reviewed April 30, 2014 via mobile

This is definitely a typical Hampton Inn, which is not a bad thing. Nothing special but the room was clean, the lobby was nice, and common areas were well kept. Breakfast was normal waffles and a couple hot items. Area is a nice residential and business area but there are no chain restaurants that I have seen so far. Nights were quiet although there is some airplane traffic at times overhead. I would stay here again.

Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Tiffanie U
Reviewed April 24, 2014

I arrived earlier than expected and was grateful that my room had already been prepared for my check-in and stay. The customer service was far beyond my expectations. When I was a manager before retirement this is the type of employees I would attempt to hire.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank donaldr895
Reviewed April 23, 2014

Hotel was ok. Room was clean. However, the internet in the room was as fast as dial up. THe coffee and breakfast was lousy. Coffee was like gas station coffee and the complementary breakfast was almost unetable. My wife and I finally ended up going out for breakfast.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed March 28, 2014

My husband had business in the area so we chose this Hampton Inn. It is a quiet area in a business park. Breakfast was plentiful and flavorful. Reuben is great and exactly the kind of warm person you need at the breakfast area at 6am in the morning. They offered 3 hot items, usually a meat (sausage link or patty), egg omelets (one day was a western style, another was cheese), and either breakfast potatoes or french toast sticks. There were also plenty of breads, bagels, yogurt, blueberries, pineapple, hot oatmeal where you could add slivered almonds, dried fruit and turbinado sugar. Oh and a waffle maker as well as bananas and apples that are out all day for that afternoon snack attack.

Our bed was comfy and we had enough space in our room for our luggage. They have 3 machines in the gym--treadmill, bike and elliptical plus a yoga mat and exercise ball. There wasn't a TV hooked up so I just used my phone for music. It sufficed.

I would have liked to get out and explore the area by foot but there aren't any sidewalks PLUS it wasn't warm enough to even go out without wearing a large jacket, hat, gloves--the works! It was ok just relaxing though.

We may stay again...

Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed March 27, 2014

About what you expect in Chicago. Needs fresh paint. My room may be the smallest room in the hotel. Also the front desk gave me key to someone else's room. The women inside was not happy when I opened the door. I will say the young taking care of the breakfast area was extremely nice and hard working. I guess if you don't spent $200 a night in Chicago this is par for the course.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed March 24, 2014

Had business in Chicago suburb area so I chose this hotel. Room was very nice and breeakfast was good also. Only downside is no lounge/bar on premesis. The Fitness center was not available first day of my visit. Howecver it was avaialble next afternoon.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Marvin W
Also consider these accommodations in or near Westchester
Doubletree Hotel Chicago Oak Brook
Hilton Chicago Oak Brook Suites
Hilton Chicago Oak Brook Suites
#1 of 8 in Oakbrook Terrace
The Drake Hotel - Oak Brook
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Chicago Airport West
Best Western Plus Chicago Hillside
Residence Inn Chicago Oak Brook

Been to Hampton Inn Chicago/Westchester (Oak Brook)? Share your experiences!