“Quick and painless”

Hampton Inn Chicago/Westchester (Oak Brook)
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Westchester
Reviewed March 6, 2013

Just a one-night stay to visit friends and family in the area, and this property was just what we were looking for. We got a decent AAA rate for a king bed, non-smoking. Room was clean, bed was very comfortable. Room heater was a little noisy, and the walls were a bit thin based on our neighbors with small children, but not a big deal. Can't say anything about the breakfast as we slept through it! Location was good for us based on where we needed to be (west suburbs). As might have been said by other reviews, there isn't much around this hotel to walk to....you really need a car. We recommend Paul's Pizza & Hot Dogs in the area for quality "fast" food.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends

Reviewed February 28, 2013

Clean comfortable room and bathroom. The complimentary breakfast had variety and the food was tasty. A great stay for the money. I didn't like the location of the closet in the room. (Had to go across the room to hang up winter coats) I would recommend this location and would stay again.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed February 19, 2013

Handicapped room with only one bed---I am becoming more and more handicapped and am not able to travel alone.. May have to change loyalities...Bed is too high for short person therefore I must struggle to get in and out of bed.

Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 18, 2013

Always have great experiences at this Hampton Inn. Clean, quiet, friendly professional people, and a good value. This is a very nice hotel. Nothing flashy. Just a great stay for the money. I'd highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank ScottA567
Reviewed February 14, 2013

I have done a lot of traveling. At first I was a little apprehensive about staying at a Hampton Inn, but upon check in I found the staff very friendly and the room was wonderful. The furniture was like new and the bed was very comfortable and it was a very quiet hotel. The breakfast they served was good.They do not have a commercial kitchen so you cant expect the Ritz. But the food was good for what it was. I would definitely stay there on my next visit.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed January 26, 2013

Has a Hilton guy, I always stay at Hilton properties. I have stayed at many Hampton Inns accross the country and this location is in need of a face lift. Stayed last week and I avoided the free hot choices they had as they did not look good to eat. I was dissapointed with the bed as most Hampton Inns have pillow top beds and this location does not. I had trouble sleeping as the bed was the cheap mattress that felt 20 years old.

I won't be back.

Room Tip: If you have stayed at Hamptons before and have had a pillow top bed, don't come here. You will...
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed January 21, 2013

I was checking in and my room was supposed to be pre paid with the company account AMEX. I told the person checking me in that I DID NOT want them to check me in with the CC on my Hilton Honors account and as I was explaining this she just kept clicking the mouse and lo and behold...she charged my card as I was talking to her. Sooooo...make them take their hand off the mouse and talk to them directly or you will be sorry. Otherwise, nice rooms, fast internet and large bathrooms.

Room Tip: Ask for 4th floor and take a room at the end of the hallway (even numbered rooms)
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Westchester
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Chicago Airport West
Hilton Chicago Oak Brook Suites
Hilton Chicago Oak Brook Suites
#1 of 8 in Oakbrook Terrace
Hilton Garden Inn Chicago / Oakbrook Terrace
Hilton Garden Inn Chicago / Oakb...
#2 of 8 in Oakbrook Terrace

Been to Hampton Inn Chicago/Westchester (Oak Brook)? Share your experiences!