“Second time around...”
Review of Westchester Inn

Westchester Inn
Ranked #2 of 40 Restaurants in Westchester
Reviewed June 21, 2014

I decided to try Westchester Inn again, and was not sorry that I did. The pork tenderloin was still pounded thin, but the breading coated it better. Looking around the place, I noticed that there were a lot of seniors enjoying their lunch. Maybe the food is bland to me because they cater to a different taste? I had the same waitress as the last time, and she really is an asset to the restaurant. So, I upgrade my last review, basing it on value, service, and the salt & pepper shakers sitting in wait on every table. The cold Czech Pilsner on a hot day helps, too!

1  Thank EverleighYours
There are newer reviews for Westchester Inn

Reviewed June 15, 2014

I have been going to this place on and off for the past twenty or so years with no complaints. However, as with all Bohemian restaurants, they throw nothing away from the previous day. I recently went for lunch, ordered the roast pork, only to find out it was dry and rubbery. The waitress agreed and swapped it out for something else. Nice gesture but I came for the roast pork. Send the previous day's excess food home with the staff and start from scratch each morning.

Reviewed April 1, 2014

Our family has eaten at this restaurant for many years. Its has traditional Czech food, breaded pork tenderloin, duck, roast pork and other ethnic dishes. Meals include soup, main entree with bread dumplings or potato, another side like cabbage and dessert...usually a kolache. Coffee or tea is also included. Portions are large enough that you will need a to go container!

Our family likes the breaded pork tenderloin, breaded cauliflower, Grandma's pork (served with grilled onions on top), stuffed cabbage rolls, sweet & sour cabbage, cucumber salad, roast duck and the bread dumplings!

The restaurant is small but service is quick and friendly. I often see multi-generation families eating there...passing on the love for Bohemian food!!

Reviewed March 19, 2014

I've been going here for over 20 years, ever since I lived down the road. I love their chicken schnitzel, and the bread dumplings are amazing, although the gravy is a bit watery. The cabbage is perfect, as is the duck, goulash, pork, and I can't imagine them serving anything that's not fresh and homemade. Mid you love the rye bread, they will sell you a loaf, which I always buy to take home. The soups are also fresh and made from scratch, so you can't go wrong, I have Never had a bad meal hear, visit several times a year.

Reviewed November 22, 2013

We have been eating here for about 10 years and have never been disappointed. The portions
are huge and we also come home with doggie bags. Our favorite menu item is grandma's pork with dumplings and cucumber salad. On the weekends, they have apple strudel for dessert.
The service had always been great and a couple of wait staff have bee here for at least 10 years.
The prices are very reasonable and a good value.

1  Thank coolbreeze2