“clean affordable hotel”

Americas Best Value Inn
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in West Frankfort
“clean affordable hotel”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 26, 2012 via mobile

The rooms are really clean and the front desk guy is friendly and helpful! The only problem I could say it's that the hotel smells like moth balls... Other then that the beds are comfortable and clean rooms... Not a bad hotel for the price nothing fancy but is an affordable hotel... I did enjoy my stay...

• Stayed August 2012
4 Thank Whattodonoww

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Hudson, Wisconsin
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2012

Very friendly staff, safe area, quiet and clean. Good value. We had a small dog with us and it was welcome.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank RunBuster
Brunswick, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 5, 2012

Nice and clean. Staff was was friendly. Rooms were nice for the price. Wasn't very expensive and definitely a lot better than I expected. The breakfast in the morning was a nice addition, and it didn't even cost extra! The location is also convenient to restaurants, so that's a plus. I would definitely stay here and recommend it highly.

Room Tip: Jacuzzi Room!!
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Mike S
Mascoutah, Illinois
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 19, 2011

I made reservations for 2 nights for a special hunting trip put on at Rend Lake for people with disabilities. My car was the only car in the parking lot when I checked in, so that should have been my 1st clue to run. When inside and there is a big "no refunds sign" on the wall and a person who came out of the back room when I rang the bell who looked like he just woke up at the bright early time of 11 am, that should have been my 2nd clue. I initially did not have a huge problem with the place. The room did smell like smoke and incense, but I could live with that. I paid in cash when I checked in for 2 nights. I left the room after putting my stuff in the room and went to events for the hunt. I got home about 10:30 pm and didn't use the bathtub because I took one before I left home that morning. I got up at 3 am to get dressed and leave for the hunt. When I got back at about 8 pm, I was sore from standing all day with my crutches and leg brace, so I looked forward to a nice hot bath to get ready for the 2nd day of the hunt. I ran the bathwater and when it stopped, I noticed black flecks in the water. I looked closer and those flecks where swimming. I drained the tub 3 times and cleaned the drain cover once and the bugs kept coming. I was disgusted by this and just took a sponge bath out of the sink and then got my brace back on, got dressed and put my stuff back in my car. When I went to the front desk to check out early because of the bugs, the same person who checked me in was "working" there. I was polite despite my anger and explained what happened and he did not make any eye contact with me. He "apologized" and gave me a whole $20 for my missed night. I saved for this hunting trip and did not have enough money for another hotel dispite the partial refund. I had to drive home that night and miss the next day of the hunting trip I had looked forward to all year. Please stay away from this place at all cost. If you know someone in the health dept, please send them here to shut this place down. I just hope there are no bugs in my luggage. The sad thing on the national website for the chain is that one of the catagories on the complaint form is one for bedbugs. Is it that bad of a problem for them that they put this catagory on???

• Stayed November 2011, traveled solo

Travelers are raving about these West Frankfort hotels

Minneapolis, Minnesota
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 7, 2011

I was staying at this hotel for my grandmothers funeral.
#1--They don't allow pets, but allow the halls to smell like cigarette smoke.
#2--"Continental Breakfast" consisted of stale cereal and hard mini bagels.
#3--In my cousin's room, toilet didn't flush.
#4--In our room, air conditioning didn't work.
#5--The bed was harder than a rock.
#6--Doors to the hotel were open 24/7 and there was NO ONE at the front desk unless it was 8am-12pm.

Needless to say this hotel was beyond acceptable. When this hotel was the Howard Johnson it was SO much better. It is completely run-down. It's worth driving to Marion to stay.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank MTBona
Indianapolis, Indiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 5, 2010

I have traveled the mid- west four nights a week for the past 30 years. I have stayed in all types of hotels and resorts. It has been my pleasure to stay at this hotel since it opened. The ownershipchanged in the past few years, but not the friendly people. These owner today greet you with a smile and ask how you are doing. Its nice to know at the end of a busy day your treated like part of the family. If you are needing to stay in Southern Illinois off of I-57. Pull off Exit 65 and find the AMERICAS BEST VALUE INN. It is clean and very affordable. Happy Traveling !

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank randall_riley
mexico mo
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 18, 2009

This was a very clean and cheerful hotel room. I forgot and left my phone charger in the room. I called and they said they will mail it to me. That is not always the case. The owners/personel at this hotel were very helpful.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled on business
#6 of 15 in Marion
Comfort Inn Marion
Comfort Inn Marion
#1 of 15 in Marion

Been to Americas Best Value Inn? Share your experiences!