Review Highlights
Great for family outing

Had a reunion this summer and our out-of-town golfing family played 18 at Prairie Landing. They... read more

Reviewed November 6, 2018
KenFromIllinois
West Chicago, Illinois
Best Public Course I've played

Reviewed May 27, 2017
Matt S
via mobile

All reviews practice area golf course challenge fairways hole du page players
Selected filters
Reviewed May 27, 2017 via mobile

In my experience playing numerous public courses all over northern Illinois, this course is by far my favorite. The course is challenging, but nothing too insane for the average golfer. Staff was friendly and extremely helpful! I would definitely recommend this course to anyone, it's fun, fast, exciting and I had no complaints whatsoever.

Date of experience: May 2017
2  Thank Matt S
Reviewed April 20, 2016

This is a great place to enjoy a brunch buffet on a Sunday. The food is good, the selection is good, and the ambiance is wonderful.

Date of experience: April 2016
PrairieLandingGolf, General Manager at Prairie Landing Golf Club, responded to this reviewResponded April 22, 2016

Glad you liked it. Hope you can join us for our next brunch on Mother's day!!

Reviewed April 9, 2016 via mobile

Staying in Chicago on business this week I had the pleasure of playing Prairie and Dubsdread at cog hill today (Saturday 9th April). Despite the temperature being in the mid 30s and the course being treated to a week of horrific weather I found the condition and upkeep of Prairie Landing to be fantastic. Greens were fast and true, nothing plugging in the fairways, and a true test of risk reward golf. With top rate practice facilities (including warm up holes!) I'd recommend prairie as a fantastic golf experience which must be sampled. Beware though, this is a tough course, the 5th being a particular highlight! I'll be back here in next time I'm in town.

Date of experience: April 2016
PrairieLandingGolf, General Manager at Prairie Landing Golf Club, responded to this reviewResponded April 11, 2016

Thank you for the great review. We are glad you enjoyed the course and hope to see you back when the weather is a bit nicer.

Reviewed March 15, 2016

The layout is challenging but the course is over watered, bunkers need racking, divots in fairway need repair and the greens are not what they used to be. What a shame because it was great until 6 years ago.

Date of experience: November 2015
Review collected in partnership with this attraction
PrairieLandingGolf, General Manager at Prairie Landing Golf Club, responded to this reviewResponded March 18, 2016

Very surprised by this review. I am not sure when your last visit to our course was, but it must have been quite some time ago. In the last two years we've done a major revamp of our course which has included major overhauls and/or removal of all of our bunkers under the guidance of Trent Jones Jr. and we have an amazing new Golf Course Superintendent who has our course in tip top shape for 2016.

The comments we are getting from our customers this season have all been extremely positive about the course, across the board. People seem to be most impressed by the condition of our greens, especially this early in the year.

I hope you will give us another try very soon. I think you'll be very happy with your golf experience.

Reviewed February 1, 2016

PL is a quality course with many risk / reward opportunities. It rewards good shot and penalizes poor ones. You can't spray the ball around and still expect a decent score. The practice facilities are exceptional and the staff is very friendly and helpful. I am anxious to back for another round.

Date of experience: October 2015
Review collected in partnership with this attraction
PrairieLandingGolf, General Manager at Prairie Landing Golf Club, responded to this reviewResponded February 3, 2016

Thank you. We love our course and our staff certainly is top notch. Looking forward to seeing you back early and often this year.