“Can not fault at all.”

Cuisines: British, Pub
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed February 10, 2014

Visited here a number of times and have never had bad service. We were served by Andy (the owner) who is very welcoming anf has a great manner about himself. The food is amazing. The variety of mains desserts is brilliant. Definitely good value for money, especially the house white ;) will be coming back every monday for lunch and wine time

1  Thank beckyjones91

Reviewed January 7, 2014

We travel to this area once or twice a year to visit family and have been here for a meal many times and it has been fine, nothing great just usual pub food, as they say you get what you pay for, except on our last visit on the 30th December 2013 we arrived quite early evening so was not busy then, ordered a starter the deep fried mushroom were sold hard having been over cooked and when you got through they wer full of hot water, my starter was supposed to come with a pepper mayo which was missing and the rocket salad looked like it had been left out in a warm room so was very limp, then the mains arrived we all had the burger, minus tomatoes and the chips were cold I paid for extra cheese and it looked like they had put a pinch of cheese inside I did ask for more and another pinch was added, the buns were dry and the burger over cooked so it was hard and dry, in all we were so disappointed, wanted to complain more but the place was by now getting busy and there only seemed to be three staff on, we would have had to write down all that was wrong as there was so much not right, they tables were sticky and you had to hunt for cutlery and condiments and the excuse was we have been busy. So next time we are up North Wales we will definately not be going there again, which is a shame as it is the local of Mochdre.

3  Thank SarnieEssex
Reviewed November 5, 2013

Went to the mountain view on monday for a steak ,what a amazing meal ,good value ,food was great, nice cosy place to eat ,service was first class ,will be going again, was surprised to see they only had a 3 star rating from the food standard agency

2  Thank Jacqueline B
Reviewed November 3, 2013

I visited the Mountain View with my partner and my father on a Monday night. Expected the place to be VERY quiet on a Monday but there were several other diners in, a good sign! My partner had the ham, egg and chips, my father the steak and ale pie and I ordered the original burger. We were served in a reasonable time and the food was excellent value for money. My dad loved his steak and ale pie, and the man has eaten in some top class restaurants! Partner enjoyed his meal, although it does say hand carved ham, and it obviously wasn't, still tasted nice though. I could find no fault with my burger, it was homemade and delicious, as were the chips that accompanied our meals. We were very happy with our food and certainly with the prices, there are also various offers on during the week, curry night etc. The menu reminds me a little of Weatherspoons, similar dishes on offer, but nicer than most I've ever had in my local Weathers!
If I have any complaints they are that the place feels a bit "tired", could do with brightening up. The windowsill next to our table could have done with a clean,and the ladies toilets looked like they would benefit from a wash and brush up. Highchairs were stored near to the ladies toilets in a little corridor and it all looked a bit uncared for. I realise these are little things, but they are the sort of things that put people off as it can feel it perhaps reflects on the cleanliness of the whole place... including the kitchen? I personally have no reason to think it might as our visit was fine, but I would be far more enthusiastic about returning if these were rectified!

2  Thank mywelshwales
Reviewed October 31, 2013

Met 2 friends for lunch and were pleasantly surprised by the good food in this little pub/restaurant.
The soup of the day was served in a decent sized tureen with lovely fresh bread and my veg
option of spinach/ricotta in puff pastry with fries and salad was great.
Did't have desserts but we will next time.......this pub is well worth giving a try and the service was
good too.