“not up to Ramada Inn's standards” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Ramada Waukegan/Gurnee

Ramada Waukegan/Gurnee
Ranked #10 of 16 Hotels in Waukegan
Greenup
“not up to Ramada Inn's standards”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2013

I had to come to Waukegan for business. I had to stay two days. We (family members ) rented four rooms total for two nights. It was a 9 1/2 hour drive so I chose your hotel due to the hot tub, indoor pool, and sauna. I have back trouble and wanted the above at my disposal to relax and soothe my aches and pains. I also had family from the Navy base to join me during my stay. When we finally got someone to help us the guy finally turned the hot tub on and the water shot straight up in the air instead across the hot tub. The guy just laughted and shrudded his shoulders. The sauna was out of order. I stayed two days. When I checked out I told the lady at the desk. She proceeded to check me out and then as I was leaving she asked if there was anything more she could do ? I asked her what she had done at all to help ? She then asked if I would like to speak to manager to possible have some money taken off my bill. I said yes. When she came back she informed me that the manager wasn't available but she gave me his card. (Clint Cissell, General Manager at 1-847-244-2400) I tried several times to follow up with this manager but to no avail. I am very, very disappointed in Ramada Inn at this location.Why print phone numbers on business cards and hand them out as the General Manager if you never intended to answer or help the customers ?

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Ramada

1 Thank Anita H

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
Monee, Illinois, United States
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2013

The whole place is dark and dreary. Cold on top of it with a poor heating system. Good restarant at the hotel but pretty pricey. Staff was polite and courteous. There is no good shopping in the immediate vacinity. Would probably not stay there again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Travelers are raving about these Waukegan hotels

Scotia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 7, 2013

Stayed here when attending my son's graduation from Navy boot camp. The facility is very run down. The lobby is under construction and what is done looks very nice. However, it doesn't look like the remodeling is going to be finished any time soon. The hallways and our room had an unpleasant smell. I initially thought we had received a smoking room in error because of the smell. The room was clean and roomy and the bathroom was also clean. The walls are very thin and you can hear everything in the next rooms and hallway. The bed was comfortable enough. There was no wi-fi which was very inconvenient. They do hold a Meet and Greet for Navy families which was very nice.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Waukegan, Illinois
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 5, 2013

The hotel photos are a little misleading. The rooms are good sized but the bathroom was tiny. One person was almost too much for the bathroom. The rooms didn't have a fridge or a microwave. The doors had the "old school" chain locks. The pool isn't quite as big as it looks in the photos. It was good sized but cold, probably in the low 70's. The hot tub was great and the sauna was out of order which was a little disappointing.

The floor in front of our bathroom is warped and it flexes when you step on it. My main complaint with this hotel is that when you go downstairs to get the breakfast or talk to anyone at the hotel, or leave the hotel in general, you have to breathe in a heavy cigarette smoke scent. It's horrible.

The breakfast was average, I have had better and worse. They do offer a shuttle to the graduation which was nice, we didn't use it but there were a lot of people who seemed to.

The front desk didn't seem to interested in helping us when the room next to us had the t.v. blaring all night and when we went down to say something in the morning (the t.v. was still on and blaring) they said there was nothing they could do because we didn't call the front desk in the middle of the night and complain, which I think is a total crock. We weren't asking for a refund or anything, we just wanted them to tell whomever it was to turn it down.

Overall the hotel was average. I personally will probably never stay here again, if ever in Chicago. I just wasn't impressed at all.

I do understand that the hotel is under construction but I have no idea what they are changing because we haven't heard any noise or anything but they would have to remodel a whole lot for me to ever stay here again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Laconia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 3, 2013

The Hotel was non smoking, but all I could smell - morning, noon, and night,- was cigarette smoke. The hotel is in need of major repair. My " in room" hair dryer did not work, and I never got a replacement. Noisy. Pilliows were very uncomforgtable. Sheets were less than clean. Not enough outlets for electronics.
Sorry,but I will not be going back to this hotel!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Ramada

Also consider these accommodations in or near Waukegan
Candlewood Suites Chicago Waukegan
Courtyard Chicago Waukegan/Gurnee
Red Roof Inn Gurnee - Waukegan
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Waukegan
SpringHill Suites Chicago Waukegan/Gurnee
Baymont Inn & Suites Gurnee

Been to Ramada Waukegan/Gurnee? Share your experiences!