“TERRIBLE”

Travelodge Waukegan Gurnee
Ranked #13 of 16 Hotels in Waukegan
Reviewed July 9, 2014

When I stayed I had terrible service, the rooms were not clean and the television was broken
I was not treated with respect and it was just terrible all around! I recommend to everyone NOT to stay this hotel.

Room Tip: Just don't choose this hotel.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Rickie R

Reviewed June 29, 2014

DO NOT stay at this hotel. The first room was do dirty I asked for another and it was just as bad as the first.there was what looked to be blood stains on the walls, "clean" towels were not clean, there was some kind of slime in the sink and I had to wipe down the shower before I could use it! Continental breakfast looked like it had been there for weeks so needless to say I didn't touch it. The place was so bad I filed a complaint with the BBB.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Richard T
Reviewed June 25, 2014

This is fine for a quick stay & sleep location, nothing long term and the breakfast could've been a lot better but the staff were super friendly!!

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed June 23, 2014 via mobile

Do not waste your time or money staying here. This place is the absolute worst. It is terribly maintained, the manager is rude, and seems to be a place frequently used by prostitutes.

My fiance and I stopped here. We were treated rudely. The key to our room did not work. We were given a new key, and that didnt work either... The front desk person tried to use his master key... that didnt work either...the manager tried to us his key, and it didnt work either. Because they were unable to open the door to the room, they were unwillingly to provide us another room. The manager became very irritated and began raising his voice at my fiance... things almost escalated out of control.

I strongly recommend that you do not stay at this Days Inn. The people are very rude, the property is poorly managed, dirty, and run down.

Stayed: June 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 22, 2014

All of the staff at the desk were very nice. The property was horrible. Stinks like smoke, carpet was old, mold on the shower curtain, towels thin and dingy, AC was loud, dust so thick on top of the TV cabinet that a previous guest had written a quick note in it before they left! I am not sure, but I think there was blood splatter on the wall! The rate was reasonable, but I would never stay there again, even if it was free.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed May 18, 2014

This hotel was listed in a brochure I received from the Navy bootcamp center. Because of its closeness to the base, we decided to stay there. In the brochure the price was listed half of what we paid. For a $105.00 a night, we got a crappy hotel. It was old, dingy, and dirty. Actually dirty is an understatement. The first thing you see is the tore-up parking lot. big crater-like holes. Then the lobby has patch holes and dirty everything: walls, floors, furniture, carpets, etc. The rooms are no better. The carpets are filthy, there was mold in the bathroom, and the walls were all patched up. It was the most shabbiest place I've ever stayed at and for the money, not worth it. It was as if the owners just don't care about the place or its appearance. And it's sad, because a lot of families go there to see their loved ones graduate from Navy bootcamp and have to stay there. I didn't even want to bring my son back there to rest. It was too gross.
The only thing that redeemed the place was the staff. Terry, Karen and the swing shift guy (I forget his name) were all very kind and helpful.
I suggest staying at another hotel or the Navy Lodge. I heard all some good things about other locations.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
3  Thank Jennifer G
Reviewed May 15, 2014

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank Marilyn F
Also consider these accommodations in or near Waukegan
Red Roof Inn Gurnee - Waukegan
Candlewood Suites Chicago Waukegan
La Quinta Inn & Suites Chicago Gurnee
Courtyard Chicago Waukegan/Gurnee
Residence Inn Chicago Waukegan/Gurnee
SpringHill Suites Chicago Waukegan/Gurnee

Been to Travelodge Waukegan Gurnee? Share your experiences!