“Excellent place to stay”

Travelodge Waukegan Gurnee
Ranked #11 of 16 Hotels in Waukegan
“Excellent place to stay”
Reviewed April 26, 2012

I was traveling alone to see my boyfriend graduate from bootcamp at great lakes rtc. I initially checked into lake bluff but it was unbearable. I was also being persyed by a cab driver who got too friendly. Trevor at the front desk was beyond amazing.. He went above abd beyond to accomidate me. There was a free shuttle to the gradution the next day and the room was p erfect. I dont think ill be in waukegan again, but if i am i eould absolutely stay herw.. Best place/ best value around, hands down.

• Stayed February 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Virginia Beach, Virginia
Reviewed November 23, 2011

I wouldnt recommend a stay here.
Terrible service, the front office lady literally shouts at me.
The lobby stinks,though the board says no smoking.
No one comes for house keeping.
The quilt isTORN..
Breakfast..the so called...is mere nonsense..
All stale stuffs are kept...
Staff is not atall friendly..
Would never ever stay again even if offered free of cost..
Not at all worth..
Plz dont stay...

Room Tip: Do not stay here...
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
Bradley, Illinois
Reviewed July 10, 2011

For my daughters Birthday we decided an over night trip to Great America - being a single parent I decided to try and save a little money and book a room with Hotwire.com -I requested a room for 2 adults 1 child. We arrived at the hotel and it was tired looking building, upon entry to the lobby it was old, dingy and dark. The check out lady was not friendly - looked up my reservation and tried to give me a Queen single for me, my boyfriend and my daughter! I handed her the print out of my reservation and it clearly said 3 people - she than commented on how Hotwire ALWAYS screws things up and proceeded to YELL for someone - when that someone wouldn't come she left to run upstairs to get her manager who came down, handed me a piece of paper to sign and said I could have a double bed room. THAN..upon when I originally made the reservation I was not sure if my daughters friend would be able to come with us so not thinking it made a difference since i was booking for TWO beds -- so the 2nd part of the terrible experience came when we went to go to our room, the hallway smelled like spray deoderant, it was dark, dingy and the room key didn't work - and suddenly there was a foreign women barreling down the hallway screaming at me that I had to pay xtra for the 4th person - I have NEVER stayed at a hotel that charged by person! 2 beds = 4 people any where else I have stayed using Priceline.com!!! The hostility from the women alone was totally uncustomer friendly - I felt so attacked by her hostility over $20 for my daughters friend that we left...walked away from the $63 room! I will never use another "deal" website to book a hotel room....

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Jonesville, North Carolina
Reviewed November 12, 2010

When I was checking in I was told that I couldnt check in because it was to early . I knew when my flight landed so I had called in advance to make sure if I stayed there I could check in early and front desk said yes that it would be a $20 charge to do so and I was fine with that, I told the front desk worker and she said 40$. I explained I had already called so then she says 30$. I said I havnt had breakfast so I would talk to my partner and be back,then she said go eat when you get back only 20$???? Got back 1 1/2 hours later got room key and the whole loby smelled of "purple sticky punch" well it just so happned she gave me the room key of,,,yes, the smoker of the "wacky tabaky"! I know right? Can you believe that? What was the odds? Well needless to say this guy was as shocked as we were when we entered his room. So, we got our room. BADLY needs renivation. Dirty and someone had spit a lougy on the ceiling. I had to come to the naval training center and will have to come back over the next year. I WILL NEVER STAY AT THAT DAYS INN AGAIN AND WOULD NOT RECOMMEND ANYONE ELSE STAY.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank 5FishingStooges
Montreal, Canada
Reviewed August 17, 2010

We stayed at the Waukegan Days Inn for 3 nights and our stay was great. Room was clean and well taken care of. Staff was friendly and took care of our check-in and check-out quickly and efficiently. Housekeeping was done every day, contrary to old reviews you may read. Basically, everything about our stay was great. We would definitely go back and would definitely recommend to friends and family!

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
Bardstown, Kentucky
Reviewed August 10, 2010

Don't let bad reviews from 2005-06 scare you off! We stayed from a Friday to a Monday and had no problems at all. Staff was friendly, and spoke with us every time we left or came back from our adventures. The room was clean, with more electrical outlets than many hotel rooms I've spent double for. (When everyone in the room has a cell phone or laptop or digital camera to charge, this is important!) Our biggest complaint during the entire stay was that the shower seems to be designed for short people, and we are all tall. Sure, this isn't a 5-star hotel, but it's a great deal for the price and I will book us a room here the next time we return to the area!

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with friends
Charleston, South Carolina
Reviewed May 21, 2009

There are a lot of options in this area. Our stay here was one which had many negatives and only a few pluses. The check-in was great (staff), but the people hanging out near the entry made me very nervous. They seemed the criminal type, and looked as though they were checking out people arriving. The room left a lot to be desired, but was average. We picked this location because it is centrally located to where we needed to be for the conference and meetings (Lake Bluff on day one and Kenosha on day two). The nighttime noise level was a bit much, although some hotels are like that. No sign of prostitution or illegal activities in the hotel at any time, just outside the front door. As we were leaving the paramedics were arriving which also seemed odd, but emergencies happen and we were within 10 minutes of a cancer treatment center with major outpatient populations. Overall, it was a good deal for the price, but there are better options out there.

• Stayed February 2009, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Waukegan
Candlewood Suites Chicago Waukegan
Comfort Inn Gurnee
Comfort Inn Gurnee
#2 of 11 in Gurnee
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Waukegan

Been to Travelodge Waukegan Gurnee? Share your experiences!