“Very Good for Business Stay”

Courtyard Chicago Waukegan/Gurnee
Ranked #2 of 16 Hotels in Waukegan
Reviewed December 8, 2013

I switched to this hotel at the last minute as one of my associates could not get into the one we had initially reserved (the Springhill Suites down the street). The staff was very helpful and got me setup quickly. Bonus points to them for asking what floor would be best - I did not really care but wanted something quiet, so they put me on the top floor. The whole hotel felt very up to date and the room was very clean. It would have been nice if there was a bit more coffee available in the room but that is not really a problem. Service in their cafe was a bit slow and the food was mediocre. If you have a car there are several better options in the vicinity. Overall, a very good stay.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
Christine T, General Manager at Courtyard Chicago Waukegan/Gurnee, responded to this reviewResponded December 12, 2013

Dear ptdrake,

Thank you so much for taking the time to let us and other travelers know about your great experience. I'm thrilled you enjoyed the many new updates to the hotel, including our refreshing new rooms; as well as the hospitality you received from our team. Please know, that while staying at any Marriott property, if you need additional amenities, such as coffee, simply call the front desk and we will be happy do deliver upon your request. I would also like to thank you for your valuable feedback for our Bistro. We will certainly use this to help enhance future experiences.

On behalf of the entire Courtyard Crew, we thank you and hope to see you again soon.

Christine

PS: We'll keep your request of a quiet room on file for your next visit!

Reviewed November 12, 2013

This is the second time I've stayed at this hotel. It is about 10 minutes from the Navy graduation base. The rooms are extremely clean the bed and pillows were so comfortable and believe me with herniated discs I woke up refreshed no discomfort whatsoever. The staff from the ladies who clean the rooms to the front desk, restaurant service breakfast and dinner were great. They were courteous and professional and made me feel like I was important. You can't go wrong staying at this hotel. You also have Walmart and many other stores and restaurants in walking distance if you don't want to drive your car.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
Christine T, General Manager at Courtyard Chicago Waukegan/Gurnee, responded to this reviewResponded November 14, 2013

Dear Brenda D,

You ARE important to us! Thank you for taking the time to let other travelers know about our refreshing new rooms and beds! We're thrilled you enjoyed our clean, comfy and friendly hotel.....TWICE!

We congratulate you on your Navy grads and hope to see you again!

Reviewed November 12, 2013

We stayed here after reading reviews online and the amenities offered; we could not have made a better choice in that price category.

Upon arrival we were warmly greeted by the staff who made us feel more like we were staying in a boutique hotel than in a big corporate place.
The staff took great care to learn our individual names, remembered our preferences, had fantastic suggestions for a celebratory lunch (AHA Sushi restaurant) and treated us like family.

Our stay here made our occasion, our son's Navy Boot Camp graduation, even more special.
That was very unexpected and wonderful.
Thank you!

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family

Dear 812michaelj812,

Wow! What a review! We are so humbled and honored to serve you. Thank you, from the bottom of our hearts, for choosing us as your home away from home!

We congratulate your new Navy grad and wish your family all the best.

Reviewed October 28, 2013

I booked this hotel after reading reviews on trip advisor for my son's graduation from Great Lakes naval boot camp. The reviews were right on! Superb staff and a very accomodating place to stay.First of all location is great, near highway and set in the middle of Fountain Square shopping area with many fast food places and a Walmart. Secondly the staff-especially Helen- makes you feel like "old friends." Helen understands how important Navy boot camp graduation is to the families and makes a big deal out of our new sailors. Next, the suites are nice, newly appointed and very clean,modern. I was glad I had the suite my new sailor got out of his uniform and took a long nap on the couch.My only "little" complaint was their were four of us sharing the beds and I wish they had been queens instead of doubles-little tight.The lobby area is very open ,modern with a nice fireplace.The restaurant(with Starbuck's coffee) and bar is a very relaxing area with private booths with T.V.s in them.Lastly-TAKE THE SHUTTLE to graduation so easy-dropped us of at the gate on base while all the cars are in line.Thanks for the wonderful stay. GO NAVY.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank PMB1016
Christine T, General Manager at Courtyard Chicago Waukegan/Gurnee, responded to this reviewResponded November 1, 2013

Dear PMB1016,

Congratulations on your new Navy Grad! Thank you so very much for the fantastic review of our service and hospitality! You made Helen's day! We're thrilled you enjoyed our hospitality from the heart, location and convenient shuttle to the base. Friday is our favorite day of the week and Yes, GO NAVY!!

We hope to be delighted with your visit again.

Reviewed October 22, 2013

Rooms and Service were excellent. The Staff was very friendly and took care of presonal requests. Breakfast was superb. The location offers various opportunities like restaurants, which you can reach by foot.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
Christine T, General Manager at Courtyard Chicago Waukegan/Gurnee, responded to this reviewResponded October 26, 2013

Dear Christian B,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your fantastic experience with other business travelers! We are honored to help you thrive while on the road! We are happy to personalize your visits, please let us know if there is anything else we can do to make you more comfortable and feel at home.

Reviewed October 15, 2013

We selected this hotel because they offered a shuttle to our reception. After touring the facility I was so impressed: the rooms were modern & updated, the lobby was a great meeting spot with great snacks for purchase, and the staff was awesome. There are many restaurants near the hotel and it has easy access to the highway. I highly recommend this hotel!!!

Room Tip: I loved the suite we had! My friends said it was a little noisier on the side by Anastasia's res...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Christine T, General Manager at Courtyard Chicago Waukegan/Gurnee, responded to this reviewResponded October 17, 2013

Dear Susan S.,

Congratulations to the newlyweds!

Thank you for taking the time to share your fantastic experience with other travelers, and especially brides to be!
It's always a thrill for use to welcome our wedding parties, and cheer on our bride and groom.

On behalf of the entire Courtyard Crew we wish you and your groom all the best!

Christine

PS: We hope to see you for the one year anniversary!

Reviewed October 13, 2013

My sister and I arrived to find 2 7-10 year old soccer teams running amuck up and down the halls. A pizza party was going on at one end of the hall and the pool (cram packed with screaming kids) was right outside our room. We thought it was going to be horrible. But when we closed the door in our room, absolute silence met us. I've never been in a hotel room so well insulated! Kids EVERYWHERE and we were blissfully unaware of them.

To top it off, the beds were wonderfully comfortable. I can't say how happy I am with this establishment! I don't usually rave about hotels, but this was the exception.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Chip K

Dear Chip K.,

Thank you so much for your rave review of our hotel and hospitality! I'm thrilled you were able to enjoy a quite night's sleep on our new pillow-top beds!

We're very proud to provide just the right service and hospitality for all of our guests, business, sports, leisure, wedding and more!

On behalf of the entire Courtyard Crew, we hope to see you again soon!

Christine

Also consider these accommodations in or near Waukegan
SpringHill Suites Chicago Waukegan/Gurnee
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Waukegan
Candlewood Suites Chicago Waukegan
Residence Inn Chicago Waukegan/Gurnee
Hampton Inn Chicago/Gurnee
Baymont Inn & Suites Gurnee

Been to Courtyard Chicago Waukegan/Gurnee? Share your experiences!