“Always great”

Courtyard Chicago Waukegan/Gurnee
Ranked #2 of 16 Hotels in Waukegan
Reviewed October 3, 2013

I stay here at least once a month to visit a local office for work. They have begun to know me by name and are always very accomodating for my sporadic arrival schedule. The staff if great and the hotel is very modern. They've made a ton of changes here in the past year. Highly recommended!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Jeremy B
Christine T, General Manager at Courtyard Chicago Waukegan/Gurnee, responded to this reviewResponded October 5, 2013

Dear Jeremy B,

Thank you so much for choosing the Courtyard Waukegan as your home away from home when in Waukegan! We are thrilled you enjoy our refreshing new rooms and our hospitality!

We really appreciate your taking the time to share your great experience with other travelers!

Looking forward to your next arrival!

Safe travels,

Reviewed October 3, 2013

We stayed here for our grandson's graduation from basic training at Great Lakes. From the time we checked in until we left, the front desk, housekeeping, and coffee shop staff were superior. The front desk staff was accomodating and went above and beyond to get us a first floor room at an ecellent rate. We arrived tired and travel worn, looking for a place to eat a good meal. Helen recommeded Steven's and WOW that was a super end to a tiring day. The rooms are clean and well kept; beds were very comfy which is something I cannot say about a lot of places we stay. The frig and microwave are very convenient. The TV reception was not as good as we are used to, but we weren't really there to watch TV. Overall, one of the best Marriotts we have stayed at.

1  Thank stuckinaredstate
Christine T, General Manager at Courtyard Chicago Waukegan/Gurnee, responded to this reviewResponded October 4, 2013

Dear stuckinaredstate,

I'm am so thrilled our team was able to accommodate your requests, and that you enjoyed our refreshing new rooms! That is such a blessing after a long day of travel, not to mention having that 24hr Starbucks, "Pick-me-up" available!

I want to also thank you so much for mentioning Helen by name. She is a supestar and I know this will make her day!

On behalf of our entire team, we wish your family all the best.

Reviewed October 3, 2013

We booked the hotel to attend our son's Navy boot camp graduation. The room was spacious and clean. The staff was very friendly and helpful. They were patient and very capable of answering the many questions from the Navy families. Highly recommend taking the shuttle to the base for graduation. The lounge in the lobby area was conveniently set up to allow the families an opportunity to interact with each other.

1  Thank Travelgirlgfree

Dear travelgirlgfree,

Congratulations on your new Navy Grad! Thank you so much for taking the time to share your fabulous experience with other travelers. Word of mouth from real guests like you, are so important to our success and we sure appreciate it.

We wish your family all the best and hope to have you stay with us again soon.

Reviewed September 30, 2013

We chose Courtyard Marriott in Waukegan IL because it was close to the Great Lakes Navy Base where our daughter was graduating from Boot Camp. We selected a one Bedroom Suite. Very roomy, comfortable beds. Rooms have a small fridge, microwave and bar area. Flat screen tv's in both rooms. Wifi and parking are free. We had a little patio right outside our suite. Restaurant on site with very tasty breakfast meals. They will box up your meals to go, if needed. We didn't order any lunch or dinner meals while there, but menu has good variety. We have stayed at other Courtyard hotels, with similar menu choices. Restaurant opened up early on Friday morning for all the Navy families attending the PIR graduation. Staff was the most accommodating I have ever experienced, and I have personally stayed in a lot of hotels! My in laws stayed in the same hotel. My mother in law is handicapped, and they bent over backwards to make sure she had the room she needed, and was comfortable. They arranged for our room to be on same floor and close by them prior to our arrival, which was very nice. They thanked my new Sailor for their service and took pictures of the Navy families for their website. They will arrange for shuttle service to the base if one chooses. I would recommend a shuttle over driving into the base, as the shuttles are admitted right onto the base, past the long, long line of cars waiting for the base to open. There is a shopping Center right across the street with a Walmart and Chili's Restaurant. Denny's and a Chinese Restaurant is right next door. The Sundance Saloon is one block away for Navy families attending Sarge's Meet and Greet on Thursday evenings. There is a small outdoor courtyard where friends and family can sit outside and enjoy their drinks when the weather is good. Very happy, would stay here again!

Room Tip: Suites have a hide-a-bed in the living room for additional sleeping space and little bar area with f...
2  Thank Loriloo99

Dear Loriloo99,

On behalf of the entire Courtyard Crew, we thank you so much for that rave review! How generous of you to take the time to share with other travelers your wonderful experience with us! Your kind words will certainly make our team's day!

Congratulations to your new graduate and we hope to have you as our guest again soon!

Reviewed September 28, 2013

I booked this hotel to go to Gurnee Mills outlet and found it clean , spacious room , fre wifi as you get in Courtyard , pool etc ..
The staff is very friendly evrywhere in this hotel .
A very pleasant stay

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank rv0365
Christine T, General Manager at Courtyard Chicago Waukegan/Gurnee, responded to this reviewResponded September 30, 2013

Dear rv0365,

Thank you for your fantastic review of our hotel and hospitality! We are thrilled you enjoyed all of our amenities, friendly team and clean rooms! Our team has some of the highest service and cleanliness scores in the nation and they are very proud of that honor.

There are so many fun area attractions here in the Waukegan/Gurnee area, and we hope to have you stay with us again.

Reviewed September 23, 2013

I planned the trip for attending my son's Navy boot camp graduation ceremony last year but had to cancel the whole trip because he couldn't graduate in time. The only person that refunded me for the trip was the general manager who worked for Marriott. I want to put in this review to thank her again. Unfortunately, I don't remember her name.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Summer1022

Dear wxwrg,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience with us. We sure wish you could have come stay with us, however we are so happy that we were able to turn around your travel experience.

We hope to have you as our guest in the future.

Reviewed September 17, 2013

Recently stayed at this property, and it was nothing more than ok. I had a bus load of kids and adults, and the staff did rope off a section of the back parking lot for parking which I appreciated. But the property is hard to get around. There was one ice machine on each floor and being at the far corner of the building on the opposite side proved to be quite a walk just for a bucket of ice. I was assigned a room right next to the outside exit. Not my first choice. The first person went out the door at 6:05 am and it locked behind them with a loud bang which woke me. I'm guessing since I was right next to the outside door, that would explain the pill bugs(total of 3) that I encountered over the weekend. Again, not a real good thing. And the killer, no continental breakfast of any type. Period. $3.85 for a bowl of oatmeal? If the decision is mine, I will choose to stay elsewhere.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Mark S
Christine T, General Manager at Courtyard Chicago Waukegan/Gurnee, responded to this reviewResponded September 18, 2013

Dear Mark S.,

Thank you so much for your valuable feedback. I'm happy you found our group management accommodating and orderly. We are very proud of how we welcome and manage our fabulous visiting groups. We always strive for a perfect 10, however sometimes miss that mark. Your feedback only helps us to identify ways we can improve. I would like to apologize if your room location did not meet your needs. It is our job to make it right, and I encourage you or any guest to call the front desk immediately, so that we can make you more comfortable.

The Courtyard brand initiated its new Refreshing Business concept as a result of such feedback from our guests. The consistent message has included a desire for healthy breakfast options that are cooked to order, Starbucks coffee, and technology-savvy living spaces outside of the room, just to name a few. This new refreshing change has been well received from our travelers. You may find on your next trip booking one of our breakfast packages would work best for you.

In order to make the most of your feedback, I need to know where you were located specifically. I would very much like to talk with you in more detail about your visit and would welcome a call or an email.

Hope to hear from you soon,

Christine Trippi
christine.trippi@marriott.com
847-689-8000

Also consider these accommodations in or near Waukegan
SpringHill Suites Chicago Waukegan/Gurnee
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Waukegan
Candlewood Suites Chicago Waukegan
Residence Inn Chicago Waukegan/Gurnee
Hampton Inn Chicago/Gurnee
Baymont Inn & Suites Gurnee

Been to Courtyard Chicago Waukegan/Gurnee? Share your experiences!