Courtyard Chicago Waukegan/Gurnee
Ranked #2 of 16 Hotels in Waukegan
Reviewed December 6, 2012

My family and I stayed here for my son's graduation from Navy boot camp and I can't say enough positive things about Courtyard. From the time we arrived until the time we left, we were treated with the utmost in hospitality. Staff members were courteous, helpful and went above and beyond to assist us. Other hotels could learn a lot from this team. If and when we ever have to return, I will not hesitate to book this hotel again. Thank you all so very much.

Room Tip: I would probably ask for a corner room the next time if they in fact are larger,
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
Christine T, General Manager at Courtyard Chicago Waukegan/Gurnee, responded to this reviewResponded December 7, 2012

Dear LoveDems04,

Thank you for the "Fabulous" review!

I'm excited to post this on our, " Wall of Fame" for our crew to know how much their efforts mean to all of our guests; especially our Navy families.

Thank you for taking the time to share and we congratulate you on your new Navy Grad!!

Warmest holiday wishes,

Reviewed December 6, 2012

To whom it may concern,

I am a brother of a Navy Graduate that graduated on 12/1/2012. My family and I flew in Thursday night from Dallas,Tx. From the get go the service was exemplary and polished. The kind lady upgraded our room to two beds to accommodate our needs. The Hotel was clean, nice, and cozy. Room service did a great job of cleaning and re-making the beds. I have stayed in many hotels and in fact I used to live at one for 3 months and I have never been treated so nice by a staff. The employees seem to love working there, therefore they show love back. The comfortability of our stay was a subject of conversation multiple times for the four days we stayed. The experience was awesome and there is no question to where I am staying when I return to visit my brother on base. Also, The Bistro restaurant/bar inside the the hotel was a pleasure to dine at. Peter was the head bartender and he was awesome! His service was the reason I must of ate at that place 10 or 12 times; not to mention the great food! The Restaurant manager was very nice to and went out of his way to tell us secrets about getting to the graduation on time. Ladies and Gents, I rarely write reviews but my stay at the Courtyard Marriott in Waukegan deserved as many characters as I wrote. Thanks Staff as I am in still in awe and humbled by my stay!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family

Dear Colton T,

WOW! What a review! Thank you for taking the time to share this with our travelers. Our team, and especially Peter, will be thrilled to know how much they impacted your visit. It will certainly motivate them to continue delivering exceptional hospitality!

As a leader, receiving letters such as this is my greatest pride and being able to share them with my staff is my greatest joy. Thank you for that gift!

Congratulations to your family on your new graduate and we hope to have you as our guest again!

Reviewed December 1, 2012

There are actually about seven of us who have stayed there on a fairly regular basis. Christine always refers to us by name and never stops smiling. She goes out of her way to make us feel at home. Her staff (Helen and Robert at the front desk and Minerva and Catina in the restaurant) follow her lead. They are always pleasant and willing to do whatever it takes to make our stay a pleasant one. I always look for Marriott Courtyards when I travel because of people like Christine and her staff.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Barney_Beans

Dear Dr. B,

I know you are a busy man and I appreciation your taking the time to share this with our travel community. It really means a lot to us to know we make a difference for you and your team while on the road. You made our day!

We look forward to another year of hospitality and BRAND NEW guest rooms!!

Warmest holiday wishes from our home to yours,

Reviewed November 23, 2012

we stayed here for our grandson,s graduation from boot camp. everyone was very nice our room was neat and clean plenty of room for four people. we took the shuttle to the base was very pleasant so much easier than driving. would recommend this motel to anyone would stay again thanks

Room Tip: stay on the courtyard side less noise
1  Thank Beverly C

Dear Beverly C,

Congratulations to your grandson on his awesome accomplishment! I know how proud you are!!

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your excellent experience with other travelers so that they can experience our hospitality first hand.

We wish you and your family a very happy holiday season and hope to have you as our guests again,

Reviewed November 19, 2012

We've stayed at 5 star resorts and dumps in our time, but I gotta say, for $100 a night, I expected just slightly more in cleanliness and amenities. Upon entering our room after a swift check-in, we notice 2 huge red stains all over the bathroom wallpaper. Hmm....strawberry margaritas gone bad or ....? The toilet seat didn't even fit the toilet. Found 2 long black hairs, one on the sink vanity and one on top of the white duvet. That wasn't very appetizing.....Also, why put the tv to the side of king size bed where you get a wrenched neck watching it and trying to relax? Room setup was not comfortable. Big stain on the cushion of the pull-out sofa. Just started falling asleep and awakened by an eardrum shattering walkie-talkie at 11pm in the hallway. Pillows are like laying your head on a marshmallow and total encompasses the sides of your head. Coffeepot in room was toy; towels were thin and worn. Don't need to stay here again.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
Christine T, General Manager at Courtyard Chicago Waukegan/Gurnee, responded to this reviewResponded November 21, 2012

Dear islaluvr,

Thank you so much for your valuable feedback! I'm glad that our front desk staff was able to check you in quickly and efficiently.

I want to apologize for the concerns you had during your visit. It is our job to provide you with an exceptional stay from Check-in to Check out, and I know our team will be disappointed to learn that we let you down.

As you can see from the many, many other reviews, this is not the typical experience our guests receive and I would love another opportunity to show you the legendary service we are known for.

In order to really use your feedback to improve, I need to know what room number you stayed in; If you have a moment to call the hotel with that information. I would also appreciate the opportunity to apologize personally. Today, my AGM and I, went to every guest room in the hotel looking for the concern you had, and to make sure there weren’t any other issues that we were unaware of. We are very committed to excellence and we thank you for your patience and understanding.

Hope to hear from you soon,

Christine Trippi

Reviewed November 17, 2012

We stayed with this hotel as one of the recommended hotles in the information provided by the Navy. We were overall very pleased with the value and the quality of the hotel. The staff went out of their way to make sure that we felt welcome. The only negative I would comment on is the breakfast experience, They were trying very hard and had a decent selection of items. They were understaffed when we ordered. Of course there were quite a few guests and only two people working the counter at the time. If the other guests were not ordering Starbucks coffee with their breakfast or just a cup of Starbucks,, the wait would not have been long at all. The food was avarage, For not much more a trip to IHOP would have been well worth it that morning. But overall you wont find a hotel that tries to service their guests any better. I was very pleased and would stay there again if I was in the area.

1  Thank Allan C
Christine T, General Manager at Courtyard Chicago Waukegan/Gurnee, responded to this reviewResponded November 20, 2012

Dear Allan C.,

Thank you very much for your review! Our team truly loves being a part of graduation each week and I'm glad you can see and feel our joy to help.

I also thank you for sharing your experience at breakfast. Your valuable feedback helps us to see where are our cracks are and then fill them! Since your review, I have been working with our Operations Manager to review customer history between 5:30 and 6am to see if we need to change our scheduling. These great changes wouldn't be possible without your help, and we thank you!

Warmest regards to you and your family,

Reviewed November 16, 2012

This hotel was a wonderful choice for me while visiting from NC to go to my daughter's Navy graduation. The hotel staff is knowledgeable about the area and process for Navy graduation. Even though I rented a car, I opted for the shuttle service provided by the hotel and I'm glad I did because it was very convenient and my daughter actually came back to the hotel with me. My room was in great condition with everything working properly and was clean and smelled fresh. Hotel lobby is set up nicely for family gatherings. My first night there I ordered from the hotel's restaurant, The Bistro and the food was good..

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Sibyl S

Dear Sibyl S.,

Congratulations to your daughter on this amazing achievement! I can imagine how proud you are!

Thank you for the wonderful review detailing your visit with us, we really appreciate your taking the time to let other travelers know how well we will take care of them too!

On behalf of our whole Courtyard Crew, we thank you and wish your family all the best!

Christine Trippi

Also consider these accommodations in or near Waukegan
SpringHill Suites Chicago Waukegan/Gurnee
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Waukegan
Residence Inn Chicago Waukegan/Gurnee
Candlewood Suites Chicago Waukegan
Hampton Inn Chicago/Gurnee
Baymont Inn & Suites Gurnee

Been to Courtyard Chicago Waukegan/Gurnee? Share your experiences!