“Very nice stay”

Courtyard Chicago Waukegan/Gurnee
Ranked #1 of 16 Hotels in Waukegan
Reviewed September 6, 2011

We stayed for one night on this visit to Illinois - we have stayed here in the past as well. They have updated the lobby and the rooms were clean and comfortable, as usual. The staff is great - they allowed us to check in at noon and they moved us to a new room when we heard noise through the adjoining door in our first room. Why hotels put adjoining doors in rooms is really beyond me - is there really a big calling for them? Anyway, they moved us without any trouble. Overall, another great stay. Plus, there is a Starbucks right next door!

• Stayed: September 2011
1  Thank Stephanie G

Reviewed August 30, 2011

Out in this neck of the woods for a business trip, the Courtyard serves its purpose as a good place to stay in Waukegan. Rooms are roomy (ah, the midwest) but nothing fancy. Sitting area, desk with free internet, and flat screen. The lobby has been upgraded with the bistro area. Within walking distance are several dining options: Anastasia's (bar and pizza stuff) or Denny's in one direction, Starbucks and Potbelly sandwiches in the opposite, and Sweet Tomatoes (salad bar), Chili's, and Chipotle in the middle, plus the shopping center with a big Walmart (including groceries) across the street.
One thing to note, it is about $100 cab ride from O'Hare (meter and a half), but if you arrange ahead of time with the hotel they can send a local cab to pick you up for about half that (takes about 45 min to arrive at O'Hare, so plan accordingly).

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank ptbooth
Reviewed August 7, 2011

Very nice, quiet hotel with a friendly accommodating staff that helped us out with everything from a taxi to the airport to a couple of safety pins.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank Retrovirus
Reviewed August 1, 2011

Stayed at the Courtyard Chicago Waukegan/Gurnee on July 14th for a business trip. The front desk staff was very friendly and quick to check me in. One of the girls even offered to switch my room when she noticed that my colleagues were put on the opposite side of the hotel. Breakfast was included with our rate and it was delicious -- just what we needed to start our day before our client meeting. I would definitely stay here again when visiting the area.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank Marlene R
Reviewed February 14, 2011

How more vague can I get with the title but really my stay here was just great.

I stayed here to visit my boyfriend who just graduated in the Navy. About a ten minute drive from base.

Staff was great! This is my third time staying at this hotel. A lot of eateries in the area. Starbucks is right next to the hotel. My stay was all leisure so I dont really know what is around. But other than the staff and room itself I was really comfortable.

When I arrived they had Navy souvenirs. Keychains, T-Shirts, Stickers etc. All fairly priced I bought a "I heart my sailor" decal sticker for my laptop. Around 4-5bucksish

Across the street there are a lot of shopping areas for groceries, togo food, and just places to wonder around.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank jelinavy
Reviewed November 14, 2010

From the time we walked in the door, the staff was very friendly. Our room was large and comfortable, better than we expected. Clean. Workout room was great. Internet was very fast. Most of all, we were SO happy with the packet they gave us with information about shopping, transportation, etc. They were really well prepared for the onslaught of parents of navy graduates. Price was great. Breakfast is VERY overpriced; syrup was cold as were eggs. Glad I only needed it once.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled with family
2  Thank tingodmusic
Reviewed August 9, 2010

Liked best: location, room was nice, also balcony and grass courtyard interior.

Liked least: breakfast, staff did not understand-I gotta go. And I hear they are going to charge for a slow breakfast soon. No. Keep it quick and simple-that's what I want and need.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled on business
2  Thank natashatravels
Also consider these accommodations in or near Waukegan
SpringHill Suites Chicago Waukegan/Gurnee
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Waukegan
Candlewood Suites Chicago Waukegan
Residence Inn Chicago Waukegan/Gurnee
Hampton Inn Chicago/Gurnee
4 mi away
Fairfield Inn Chicago Gurnee

Been to Courtyard Chicago Waukegan/Gurnee? Share your experiences!