All reviews room was clean navy graduation blew me away great place to stay long term stay would stay here again united states free wifi boot camp base motel shuttle chicago mom microwave
Reviewed June 16, 2017

The desk clerks were very good ... this is a Red Roof though. No frills. Not even a coffee pot in the room (but I always travel with one because I don't like the one-cuppers either. The hotel was quiet, the rooms, although a bit worn, were clean and the bed was comfortable. It was my first time in a Red Roof - only for one night - and since I was traveling solo..it was just fine. Plus they did have both smoking and non smoking rooms, Also had excellent wifi connection.

Date of stay: June 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
Reviewed April 8, 2017 via mobile

Traveling with 2 big dogs and a cat can make it difficult to find a place to sleep at night. They were friendly, and the room was clean and the beds warm and comfortable. It is much to look at, as it is an old motel. It was perfect for us, and the perfect price.

Date of stay: March 2017
Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank gypsytrvlr99
Reviewed February 15, 2017

The hotel offered very reasonable rates for my long term stay in Waukegan. The room was clean and served its purpose. The staff were exceptionally helpful, courteous and knowledgeable. I would recommend this hotel to anyone looking for a no-nonsense hotel in a convenient location.

Date of stay: January 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
Reviewed November 14, 2016

I was skeptical for a while as it seemed as though every time I went to the parking lot, there was someone sleeping in a car. Never the same car. This was a constant thing during my 2 day stay. It never seemed to be a problem, it just seemed odd. Staff was friendly at checkin. Room was clean and the area was quiet. An issue I had was that they don't have the espn network.. I have never stayed at a hotel that didn't have espn. Doesn't mean anything to anyone unless your team is playing on monday night football, which my team was. I will stay here again if I'm in the area. I probably won't stay on a monday night though.

Date of stay: November 2016
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
1  Thank Patrick M
Reviewed November 12, 2016 via mobile

Checked in , went to room very dingy . We noticed the window lock was broken and we were on first floor. We asked for a different room , the next room was just as bad. The deadbolt would not lock , the bedspreads were stained , the fan in the bathroom didn't work and cover was missing. Very rundown !!!!
NO WAY I WAS STAYING ANOTHER NIGHT. We checked out and we're told we would need to talk to manager about getting a refund. Not counting on it !!

Date of stay: November 2016