“Do not stay at this hotel!!”

Red Roof Inn Gurnee - Waukegan
Ranked #6 of 16 Hotels in Waukegan
Reviewed July 30, 2013

I have been over charged by this hotel. I was charged $200 for staying one night! The manager refuses to even speak to me! He's always busy or not in when I call and I'm still fighting to get my extra $100 back! DO NOT STAY HERE HORRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Keegan C
kenh777, Manager at Red Roof Inn Gurnee - Waukegan, responded to this reviewResponded July 31, 2013

I apologize for the confusion with your reservation. When we checked you in it was not communicated to us that you had made a reservation under a different name through an online 3rd party. Our goal is to accommodate all of our guests as smoothly as possible at check in and unfortunately in this situation it was never shared with our front desk that you had an existing reservation under a different name and we assisted in checking you as we would any guest entering our hotel.

Reviewed July 29, 2013

My husband, our dog and I arrived around 11:30 pm very tired from traveling all day. The two gentlemen working night shift at the desk- Fred and Julian were wonderful to us. From the minute I walked in the door to see if there was availability, they were attentive, nice, happy to see us etc. I was impressed with how they completed all the paperwork and made sure we found our room by actually escorting us to it. I can't express enough how these two guys went above and beyond to assist us. It was nice to experience for a change when traveling. The room was clean and comfortable. I highly recommend this hotel. Also the young man who checked us out was superior as well. I let the manager know he has done a great job in selecting his team.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Dawn G

Thank you so much Dawn for your comments about our hotel and staff. We strive to give the best customer service than any other hotel, and we want your experience here to be something you would remember, and it seems we met our goals in terms of customer satisfaction. Thanks again for staying with us.

Reviewed July 6, 2013

I recently stayed here for my daughters navy bootcamp graduation and was impressed with the superb service. I know there were many other guests staying in the hotel but I felt like my family was treated like we were the only ones there. The housekeepers kept our room clean and the linen was changed daily. We had an in room microwave and fridge that was great for late night snacks. The beds were comfortable. I can not say enough great things about the staff, if your looking for attention to detail this is the place to stay! I would definitely stay here again. Thank you to all the great staff for making my stay wonderful.

• Stayed: July 2013
Reviewed June 22, 2013

Recently there were around 30 members of our family who came from out-of-state to attend our Mom and Grandma's funeral. We stayed at the Red Roof Inn because it was nice and they offered us a bereavement price. I was most impressed with the friendly staff. No matter who was at the front desk, they were all very caring, respectful, kind and helpful. They treated us like family and that was so comforting especially considering what we were going through dealing with our loss. Thank-you for your hospitality: Ken, Marcus, Julian, Jeremy, Martel and Luis. (And if I've forgotten your name, thank-you, too) The rooms were spacious and clean and the beds were comfortable. There was a public computer in the breakfast room for surfing the internet. Oh, the first night we had some noisy neighbors and the next day we were given a $20 credit off our room price. We hadn't even mentioned the noise so I was very surprised and pleased.

Room Tip: If you get two beds in your room, just know that they are double beds, not queen size. You can ask f...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank afreeman54
Reviewed May 22, 2013

Chose the property because of reviews on TA. Had to make a change in rooms on the day of arrival in that my son went with me at the last minute. They were able to accommodate on the spot. Room was clean, new carpet, new floor and sink in bathroom. Beds were comfortable. maids did an outstanding job making beds and cleaning room each day of stay. The front desk employees were outstanding. Provided maps and information for the graduation and local restaurants and attractions. They also provided great information on visiting Chicago also. The inn is very close to the combat center. They provided transportation each way, although the van could use an update. Morning breakfast was great cereal, fruit, juice, coffee, pastries, and waffles. There are several fast food locations with in walking distance. All the desk front desk employees were exceptional. Would highly recommend them if you are going to the navy graduation.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
4  Thank jgc760
Reviewed May 13, 2013

I traveled to Chicago for the first time in March of this year. Myself and my family checked into the Red Roof after checking into another hotel but then checking back out within 30 mins. We were greeted by the awesome front desk attendant named Jeremy. Jeremy was very professional, helpful and he went above and beyond anything I could have expected. Our check-in was fast and smooth. Not only did Jeremy get us checked in quickly he made sure that our every need was met. We were there for 3 wonderful nights and 4 days. The rooms were clean and very comfortable. The service was EXCELLENT!!!!!!! If you are ever in Waukegan, IL I suggest the Red Roof Inn. I have traveled around the United States as well as other countries. My experience in Waukegan @ Red Roof Inn has been one of the best ever. My trip to Chicago was a GREAT experience greatly in part because of my experience at the Red Roof Inn. Management is very lucky to have someone like Jeremy greeting their customers.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Michell S
Reviewed March 24, 2013

We ended up at the Red Roof Inn after having reservations for a different hotel. The front desk clerk, Jeremy, was awesome. He was very caring and understanding of our situation. He checked us in and personally came to our room after we was settled to check on us and to apologize for the treatment of the other hotel. The rooms was clean and the beds comfortable. We traveled with 3 teenage kids and he went out of his way to have games and stuff for the kids to do at night after spending the day with our Sailor.

Room Tip: Even though this hotel does not have a pool I would highly recommend it when traveling for Navy Grad...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank Jennie L
Also consider these accommodations in or near Waukegan
Candlewood Suites Chicago Waukegan
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Waukegan
1 mi away
Courtyard Chicago Waukegan/Gurnee
SpringHill Suites Chicago Waukegan/Gurnee
Baymont Inn & Suites Gurnee
3 mi away
Days Inn Great Lakes - N. Chicago

Been to Red Roof Inn Gurnee - Waukegan? Share your experiences!