Candlewood Suites Chicago Waukegan
$87
$70
$116
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of $133/night.

$56
$65
$45
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of $50/night.

$67
$60
$60
$65
$147
$139
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of $155/night.

$149
All reviewsgreat lakesfree laundry roomevery amenitynavy graduationsmoking and non smokingfront desk stafffull kitchensmall kitchenenjoyed our staywalmart supercenterwashers and dryersroom was spaciousan extended stayexcellent place to staysafe areawatch tvrecommend this hotel
Reviewed August 12, 2010

This was the perfect location for access to Great lakes Naval Base. The country store was great value. Free shuttle, everyone else charges. Shuttle does need to leave earlier however. I travel all the time, this was a customer friendly and service oriented hotel and clean.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Mascutt
Reviewed August 4, 2010

My sister and I were here for my son's Graduation from bootcamp. We booked the trip not knowing he was a Grad & Go, which means he went from graduation straight to Texas! I spoke with the attendant and was told I could NOT recieve any kind of refund for my stay! I was so dissappointed I would be stuck here w/o my son. We then went into our room which looked clean enough at first but smelled horrible! That night we heard the people above us walking around at 2 AM!! It woke us both from a dead sleep as we were exhausted from our trip from Florida. We had to lay awake and here this stomping for a good 45 minutes!!! We had to get up at 4:30am to get ready for the graduation!!! You can hear everything your neighbors that are 2 doors down are doing as well as the ones upstairs! The internet is ethernet!!! I couldn't believe this!! I asked for another ethernet cord as my sister and I both had important projects due while we were there... I was told they only had ONE access line into each room!!! I had rented a suite.. it had a seperate bedroom, living area and kitchenette so I expected to at least have 2 access points since they do not offer wireless. When I asked about wireless I was told they didn't have it because it was unsecure and unstable!! WHAT!!! What planet were these people from? When I asked for extra shampoo they were not very nice, didn't even want to "look" for any. We would have been happy with a voucher for a future stay at another Candlewood suites hotel but these people just did not care about our situation or that we were totally UNHAPPY with our stay! The halls SMELL horrible as well and there was not one person there that I would say was nice, friendly, helpful, or smart enough to let try to make this a better stay! I would NEVER send anyone here and would strongly recommend that family of military stay onbase... they will be treated much better! Oh one more thing... we had a foldaway bed and NO sheets, we called the front desk and asked if they could bring us some sheets for it, they were rude and brought then to the door and walked away!!!

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 31, 2010

The room was clean, the people friendly. and the price was reasonable. Had one teenage son with us and having a separate bedroom was very nice. I like having the option of eating in so having a small kitchen is nice too.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed December 1, 2009

I booked this hotel on a last minute decision to visit my nephew at Great Lakes Naval Base for the Thanksgiving holiday. After recieving the name of the hotel from Hotwire, I did a little research and came up with some negative reviews. I was a little concerned. The biggest complaint was the lack of customer service. I have to disagree.
After checking in in the evening and unpacking in our first room we discovered the microwave wasn't working and then the front burner of the stove. When my children realized that the tv/vcr was broken I knew I needed to face the so called "horrible" service. In the morning I went to the front desk with my list of issues. I wasn't finished when the girl behind the desk apologized for not having a maintenence guy on for Saturday. She then asked me if I would like to switch floors to an immediate available room, or if I would like to wait until housekeeping could clean one on my floor. We chose to move immediately but appreciated the offer. Within 10 minutes we were all set up in our new room.
The kitchenette is a great addition and definately saved us money on food. Everything was clean and well stocked for our stay, in both rooms. The location of the hotel was about 10 minutes from base and directly across the street from a Walmart Superstore, a McDonalds and several other restaurants. The location was great for our trip. I would stay at Candlewood Suites again. The price was great, the hotel was clean, the staff was helpful and the location was great. If I'm not paying for 5 stars, I don't expect 5 star service.

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed August 25, 2009

My fiance is stationed in Great Lakes, IL while I am in MA. In May 2009 he made a reservation here for me to fly up for the weekend and see him. the hotel was fine no problems so of course when booking my trip for July 2009 i suggested we stay here again. The first night again was great, then after we got ready for the day and headed outside we noticed a small sign on the door to the gym/ laundry room. the sign said they would be doing some work on the water and therfore it would be turned off from 11:00pm on saturday night to 3:00am sunday morning. I was a little aggravated that we were not informed at time of check-in but looking back notification was NOT the issue. 3:30 am my fiance and i jump out of bed because the fire alarm is going off. we run downstairs to wait outside for over 20 minutes until we are told it is safe to go back in. apparently the welders set it off while working on the pipes. we get back to our room and my fiance has to use the bathroom... hmmm no water and its now 4:00 am. we push it aside and get back to bed. before we have time to close our eyes the fire alarm is going off again. the fire alarm went off that night a total of 5 times. finally 6:00 am i dedcide im not getting any sleep might as well shower... hmm STILL no water. i thought it was supposed to be back on at 3:00. so i wait, 7:30 comes and i try again still nothing. 8:30 comes and still no water, at this time we decided just to get dressed and walk to breakfast hopefully when we came back the water would be on. we went to breakfast and stopped in at walmart before returning at 10:20 am. i tried the water again and was relived when it was on so i filled up the bath tub and went to get in... it was ICE COLD. so when we went to check-out the front desk cleark said we would be refunded in full for the night because we didn't sleep past 3 am or shower so i thought it was fair. he gave us the number of the manager to call and speak with on monday. My fiance called and the manager said that he would only be refunding us for 50%. so i decided i would call, well because in his eyes atleast we got some sleep and a shower is concidered a luxury he would only be refunding us the 50%.... So i hung up on him and called the corporate office and spoke with a nasty woman who sided with the manager of the hotel and said that because the hotel was not directly at fault for the fire alarms or lack of water she feels she wouldnt have even given us a refund and we should be happy we even got that. so i will be calling the Better Business Bureau on this matter. DON'T STAY HERE

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled as a couple