Candlewood Suites Chicago Waukegan
$149
$86
HIExpress.com
$71
Red Roof Inn Gurnee - Waukegan(Waukegan)(Great Value!)
$63
$129
Hotels.com
$116
$50
All reviewsgreat lakesfree laundry roomevery amenitynavy graduationsmall kitchensmoking and non smokingfront desk stafffull kitchenenjoyed our staywalmart supercenterwashers and dryersroom was spaciousan extended stayexcellent place to staysafe areawatch tveasy access
FilterAll languages
Reviewed November 6, 2012

It was a very nice hotel with courteous and efficient staff. It was a modern hotel in a nice neighborhood. Clean and attractive grounds. The front desk staff was always polite and quick. They were able to steer me to good restaurants and made sure that I had a pleasant stay. The room was designed well. I liked the kitchenette as well as the the design of the workstation. Even the chair was comfy. I couldn't find any flaws with the housekeeping staff. I think I have found my favorite hotel in the Waukegan area.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank j f
Reviewed August 8, 2012

The room was very attractive, refurbished, kitchen great. Front desk was very helpful with nearby restaurants as well as calling for cabs. It is the suburbs so not great without a
car. Wasn't familiar with the suburbs of Chicago but had to stay in the area due to a medical appt. required by my company. The town of Waukegan didn't do much for me, though.
If one had to come to the area, I do recommend the hotel--very nice.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank Fly70girl
Reviewed August 3, 2012

The hotel and the location is good but staff including front desk & manager are very unfriendly.. They never try to help and show always they are busy.. They never smile or wish or talk good; they think they r doing some favor to us..

Room Tip: book this hotel if u don't have other option.. The hotel staff incuding manager r very unfriendly..
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank Lisa m
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites Chicago Waukegan, responded to this reviewResponded August 18, 2012

Public Acknowledgement

Dear Lisa m,

Thank you so much for your candid review of our hotel. I am deeply sorry for the unacceptable service you have received from our staff. I assure you that this is not the norm you should expect from our hotel. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas and take the necessary actions to ensure similar situations can be avoided in the future. We appreciate the candid feedback we receive and welcome any opportunity to improve.

Janice A
Case Manager
IHG Care

Reviewed February 20, 2012

The hotel accommodation was excellent with exceptionally spacious and clean room. The staff was very pleasant checking in and out.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank covemanb
Reviewed December 10, 2011

Stay was very good. The rooms was clean, things were well placed. the staffs was good. next time i come to usa, i will stay here for sure.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family