“Fong's Kitchen”

Cuisines: Asian, Chinese
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Delivery, Takeout
Reviewed October 14, 2013

I eat quite frequently at Fong's as do other member of my family and my friends. We all of us praise the quality and variety of food, served the efficiency and friendliness of the service, and the invariable cleanliness of the restaurant. Lunch on weekdays is an absolute bargain at $7.

I particularly enjoy the quietness in this restaurant -I have found it to be a great place for business meetings - and like the fact that the restaurant is very spacious.

I have nothing but praise for Fong's. It is an oasis in a part of Waukegan that has a few places to eat.

Reviewed August 30, 2013

Had my first experience with Fong's today. As a local resident I was not impressed with the quantity of food what so ever! I ordered the Mongolian Beef, which should be changed to Mongolian Onions because you literally have to dig through a massive plate full of onions in order to find the meat, which there was almost no meat on the plate to begin with. No meal comes with rice, it was an extra charge on top of the already over priced menu. When I used their restrooms, it was completely filthy that it left me uncomfortable, and concerned about the cleanliness of their kitchen. I have seen cleaner port-o-potty's. This is a restaurant I would definitely not recommend or visit again. Their only benefit is the quality of service they had to offer.

Reviewed December 15, 2012

Great food and variety on the menu, excellent service, and clean surroundings make this restaurant a family favorite. WE love the Crab Rangoon and Shrimp Lo Mein. The Hot & Sour soup is great for an appetizer on a cold night. The downside is the bar next door, which attracts an unsavory lewd crowd at times that spill out onto the sidewalk in front of Fongs. No problems so far, but I'm always a bit on my guard when dining there.

Reviewed February 27, 2012

If you have lived in the area for more than a few years you will have noticed this place change names, (Hongs, Kongs - guess it is easier just to change the first letter). Each time, the menu was trimmed and the food a bit more bland and less fresh. Also less staff each time.

Reviewed February 25, 2012

Poor service, lots of food but completely tasteless --- only minute amounts of meat
come with your meal.

Very dissapointed in this place

1  Thank Kathy372