“The Jumbo Buffet in Waukegan, il. is a winner!”
Review of Jumbo Buffet

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Jumbo Buffet
Ranked #81 of 149 Restaurants in Waukegan
Reviewed July 7, 2013

First of all, come hungry! The entry price includes all you can eat or drink while you are there. They had 8 full double sided food counters that were always filled including one counter filled with stuff for the less adventurist person. There is fried chicken, pizza, ham, salmon and other things like those triangle tator tots. But I was feeling like true Chinese. So I started with a big plate of Sushi and raw oysters on the half shell with a dab of cocktail sause on top. Then I had a cup of the delicious egg drop soup. There was two other kinds of soup available. Then it was a treasure hunt. They have all the usual sweet and sours meats you expect at a Chinese restaurant and lots of beef dishes including spare ribs. But my favorites were the exotics. Frog legs, craw dads, squid, mussels and much, much, much more. For drinks they have ten different pepsi and coca cola products plus coffee and tea and a spanish drink that I think was called Ochata. It was a type of a rice milk that was cold and slightly sweet. Loads of desserts including six kinds of ice cream, fresh cakes, A whole counter of fruit including watermelon slices when I was there. The price was really fair for an all you can eat buffet. Oh! I almost forgot to mention the stuffed dumplings. I actually saw the staff preparing the dumplings fresh. The only draw back is the men's room is in need of an up date. It is was being kept clean and well supplied. But it was painted a awful black color and lots of words scratched in every where. At least in the mens room, that is. There is a staff on duty that constantly collects your used plates. So you just get a clean plate at the food counters each time you go up for more food. Next time I go I am not even going to eat breakfast. I almost forgot. They also have a private area where a big birthday party was being held. The room probably has to be reserved though. I did not ask about it. Also they have take out containers for those who want there food to go. Take out food was being purchased at a flat price per pound. I would highly recommend this restaurant to all my friends and family. Give it a try!

1  Thank Robert M

Reviewed May 27, 2013

Great food for an awesome price. Food is always fresh at every time of the day. Place is in good condition.

1  Thank Foodtastr
Reviewed July 30, 2012

There was a strong odor upon entering. Food is mass produced and lacks any flavor. Chicken was very chewy. The dishes were mislabeled as well. I started to feel ill shortly after eating. I would just stay away from there.

Reviewed March 23, 2012

you have many better options - this place is run-down, food lacks consistent quality

1  Thank John R
Reviewed November 11, 2011

We go with the family. Food is alway fresh. Enough seafood dishes.

2  Thank mayterrey