“Good food, service needs improvement.”
Review of Fiamico - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Fiamico
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff
Chicago, Illinois
“Good food, service needs improvement.”
Reviewed April 16, 2012

We like supporting the local restaurants rather than the big chain options and for this reason, we were happy to hear when Fiamico came to town. They have a nice menu with plenty of options; these reasons keep us coming back. The service needs improvement though. The staff is very friendly, but slow at servicing their tables. I don't know if they're understaffed or undertrained or both. Even with their good food, the experienced is deminished by long waits between courses, refills on beverages and getting the check. We really hope they'll address the service issue so this restaurant has a fighting chance of survial.

• Visited March 2012
3 Thank JohnsonBD

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Uhh-mazing food. for a fantastic price”
Reviewed April 15, 2012

to begin, we got there an hour before they opened. the man who was presumably in charge, was gracious enough to let us order drinks early. after a few minutes he let us order food as well.
we started with the bruchetta classica. it was five star. the entrees were delicious. the portions appeared small at first, however they were decievingly filling.

overall, the prices were comparable to olive garden. drinks a touch pricey, but well worth the experience. I'm going to tell everyone I know to dine here!

1 Thank justinm2823
Waukegan, Illinois
“quality italian food, decent service, nice atmosphere...wood fired pizza”
Reviewed March 23, 2012

have visited on three occasions - I have had the wood-fired pizza, calamari, Caesar salad, spaghetti carbonara, and the tiramisu over the course of our visits. Each and evey item has been fabulous!

The prices are better than Olive Garden...and this is the real deal - freshly made!

• Visited February 2012
1 Thank John R
Chicago, Illinois
“Awesome food & great service”
Reviewed March 13, 2012

The place is very cozy. I don't recommend the seating right by the entrance (too much traffic and table is too small). The food is great. I ordered the filet mignon with mushrooms (comes with spinach but one can ask for replacement). The service was courteous, fast and very attentive. I highly recommend it.

“Awesome food!”
Reviewed February 27, 2012

Great tiramisu and tilapia. I had an awesome dinner. I can not wait to come again.